Making a Mini Fairy Garden

Mini fairy gardens are a popular way to plant a container garden, decorating it with figurines and items to complete your fairy's garden. This is a guide about making a mini fairy garden.

A clay pot, a few plants, a 25 cent fairy from Goodwill, some potting soil, Popsicle sticks for a fence and some fairy garden items from a craft store and the result is a cute little fairy garden which was fun and easy to make! I plan on doing it again this spring. Some people like to make gnome gardens. This would also be a cute gift for Mother's Day, made with love.

I wanted to create a miniature fairy garden. I want to start out on a small scale and graduate to larger sizes. This one can be an indoor or outdoor display. I createdg this piece with a 3 inch pot.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1

• 1 inch pot
  • filler foam, rocks, etc.
  • moss/dirt
  • fairy figures
  • outdoor pieces (optional)
  • rocks
  • sticks
  • glue gun
  • flowers (optional)

1. Take your filler (foam or dirt) and fill your pot.
  2. I took moss I had on hand and cut to size for the top of my pot.
  3. With my hot glue gun, I went around the rim of the pot, then placed my cut moss on top, pressing to secure.
  4. Ad

5. Now its time for decorating. Hot glue the cottage in place. Create a pebble rock walkway, add tree branches from outdoors, and fake flowers using hot glue to give this fairy garden the look of small cherry blossoms throughout.
  6. This is a miniature as shown next to a coffee cup!