The Smallest Fairy Garden
Fairy gardens are a fun, whimsical gardening project. They can be designed for indoors or the garden, allowing you free range on size, decorative elements, and plant selection. Here we look at how to create a tiny fairy garden for displaying in your home or outside.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I wanted to create a miniature fairy garden. I want to start out on a small scale and graduate to larger sizes. This one can be an indoor or outdoor display. I created this piece with a 3 inch pot.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 inch pot
- filler foam, rocks, etc.
- fairy figures
- outdoor pieces (optional)
- glue gun
- flowers (optional)
- Take your filler (foam or dirt) and fill your pot.
- I took moss I had on hand and cut to size for the top of my pot.
- With my hot glue gun, I went around the rim of the pot, then placed my cut moss on top, pressing to secure.
- Now its time for decorating. Hot glue the cottage in place. Create a pebble rock walkway, add tree branches from outdoors, and fake flowers using hot glue to give this fairy garden the look of small cherry blossoms throughout.
- This is a miniature as shown next to a coffee cup!