Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

How do I get rid of the stains in my toilet bowl? When I clean the bowl, there is a ring left behind that just doesn't want to go away.

By mgdanger from VA

Answers:

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

I've used a pumice stone for this! If you look in the older questions and answers below, I've commented on this in the past. It really does work well, and there are no chemicals involved. I think I heard that the important thing is to make sure the stone is wet when you rub it against the bowl. I got mine in the area where you find sponges and rubber gloves. Best of luck, you'll be amazed at how easy it is!

(06/24/2010)

By mrs.story

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Pour some vinegar in the commode over night and then simply scrub and flush in the morning. (06/24/2010)

By abrupt_silence

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Yes, the pumice stone really works as Mrs.Story suggested. I was afraid to try this as I thought the porcelain would scratch, but there was no damage. Wet the stone and rub like you are erasing something. The stone will disintegrate a bit as you use it. (06/25/2010)

By OliveOyl

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Denture cleaning tablets, or pumice stone. (06/26/2010)

By cmbrughnews

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Look for a product called "THE WORKS". I buy it at the Dollar Tree for a $1.00. But I have seen it at other stores also, for more money. It works great, and is cheap and easy to use. Also, do a search and check the web site. It's really a great product. (06/27/2010)

By NHRIVERAT2

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

I also am 100% for the pumice stone, after being told that hotel and motel maids swear by them. They are not expensive, and when used fairly regularly, there just isn't a ring at all. Just goes to show that you can teach an old dog, (71), new tricks, after using cleanser, and all kinds of elbow grease while raising 7 kids, who are all grown now, of course. Boy, wish I had known 40 years ago. (06/28/2010)

By LJF