Replacing a Wax Toilet Ring

Category Bathroom
If there is water accumulating around the base of your toilet, the wax ring may be damaged and need replacing. This is a guide about replacing a wax toilet ring.

If you see water forming around your toilet, you probably have a damaged wax toilet ring. This should be promptly replaced. The wax ring creates a seal between your toilet and the sewer pipe that sticks up through the floor (also known as a toilet flange). The wax ring is fairly easy to replace and will save you the nightmare of having to replace soggy subflooring down the road. Don't caulk around the toilet, it prevents you from knowing when the seal is leaking.

By Fisher

Top Comment

I keep a wax ring for as a spare and the innerds of the toilet workings on hand at all times. If you have it, YOU NEVER NEED IT. One thing, if you use it, find you have to adjust the toilet on the ring again, you have to use a new ring.

For years all the handyman, car fix it magazines that came to our house WERE MINE, not my husband's. Always a smart move for those guys who like to argue with you or 'presume you are not smart'.

Replacing the wax ring is a very simple task to do but I do have one problem, I can not lift the toilet alone and I have no one to help me.

This is not at all helpful