Removing Bleach Tablet Stuck in Toilet

Category Bathroom
Although bleach tablets are great for keeping your toilet bowl clean, they can be a big problem if accidentally flushed down the drain. This is a page about removing a bleach tablet stuck in the toilet.

I accidentally flushed a bleach tablet down the toilet and now it is stuck. A plunger won't work. Is there a way to dissolve it? Help!

By Chick

Answers

Best Answer

I did the same thing and found out if I used a wet dry vac I sucked the tablet out of the toilet and all was good.

My dad told me to lift up the lid and drop a Scrubbing Bubbles tab in and later I found out I put it in the wrong place. The box says it dissolves in 4 weeks and I can't wait that long! What can I do to fix it without spending any money and how can I get it out? The other problem is my younger brother used the bathroom. It didn't overflow, but the water rose. Please help!

Answers

Pour very warm, but not boiling water in the toilet. That should dissolve it.

You may want to call their customer support number and ask what they recommend:

contact.scjbrands.com/en-us

This thread can relate to your situation: www.thriftyfun.com/tf70853419.tip.html

Someone said they used a wet vac and sucked it up.

You sound pretty desperate and that is understandable but remain calm and think about all of the suggestions.
Start with contacting the company (as Pghgirl suggested) just in case they have the best solution. This type of thing happens frequently so they should have an answer ready for you.

Follow their advise if at all possible but, if, for some reason you cannot (cost too high?) then go to a second solution. I know that a toilet snake works the best but they can be expensive and may not be what you can buy right now so think about doing the following first.

Pour warm (not boiling) water in the bowl and in the tank - wait a few minutes and then try a plunger (if you do not have one this is something you really should buy). Use the plunger; work it up and down as fast as you can; keep it up for a minute and then wait to see if the water moves but do not flush or it may run over.

Do this several times as it may take some time to loosen and dissolve that chunk. Use hot water in tank and bowl.

You can remove the tank lid (place it somewhere safe) and lift the arm just a little to start a flush but drop it quickly if no action in the bowl because that means it is still stopped up.
This is the only way you can test a flush because you can control it and can stop the flush by dropping the arm to stop the water flow.

It will soon start to work but be calm and work slowly so the tablet has time to dissolve.

I put a bleach tablet in my toilet and some broke off so now the toilet doesn't flush well and the water does not go down.

By Mary Ann from Stockton, CA

Answers:

Bleach Tablet Stuck in Toilet

Have you tried plunging it with a plunger yes or no? (06/30/2010)

By KATHRYN

Bleach Tablet Stuck in Toilet

Scoop out as much water as you can then put in a couple of spoonfuls of bicarb soda followed by a cup of white vinegar. (07/01/2010)

By pam coles

Bleach Tablet Stuck in Toilet

The chlorine tab should not be a problem, it will naturally break down. However if you have other stuff in there then it might be holding it, time to plunge it. I put mine in a onion net bag. Tie a knot so it doesn't fall in, and put a slice towards the top to put in the tab.

Ria (07/02/2010)

By REE

Home and Garden Repair Home BathroomMarch 9, 2018
🌻
📓
🎂