Making a Recycled Vinyl Record Tablet Holder
Recycle an old record by heating it to form a display case. It can be used for an iPad, tablet, or used as a holder for mail or magazines. This is a guide about ipad/tablet vinyl record case
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is a way to recycle a vinyl record by melting and turning it into a holding display case for your iPad or tablet. You can also use it for magazines or mail.
Total Time: 15 min
- vinyl record
- cooking pan (preferably diameter of record)
- cookie pan
- kitchen towel
- Find a large vinyl record with little to no market value. Get a pan, preferably the diameter of the record. Tongs as well.
- Fill pan with water halfway. When working on stove, wear sturdy shoes in case water splashes. Begin to boil water.
- Place record in water slowly so as to not splash. Fold one side and pull out to dry a few seconds. Repeat other side. When molding base use a cookie pan or metal counter to flatten and make sturdy. Remember you can always make adjustments to customize.
Once done make sure it is completely dry with a kitchen towel and place what you would like.
- Enjoy your recycling project. Give as a gift or keep ! :)