Record Album Crafts

Category Miscellaneous
An old storage medium for music that can be used in a variety of crafts. This page contains record album crafts.

This is a page about making vinyl record bowls. Vinyl record bowls are easy to make and a are cool way to recycle your old records.

A bowl made with an old vinyl record.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

This is a page about love you madly vinyl record underplate. A fun way to turn an old vinyl record album into a meaningful decoration.

Making a Vinyl Record Underplate

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

This is a page about making a signed vinyl record party keepsake. This creative party keepsake records the names of your guests and may be mounted or framed as a reminder of a fun get-together.

Making a Signed Vinyl Record Party Keepsake

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a page about making a vinyl record table centerpiece. For a music or nostalgic themed party this might be the perfect centerpiece.

Making a Vinyl Record Table Centerpiece

This is a page about making a vinyl record dessert stand. When you can no longer play them, old vinyl records can reused to make a fun party conversation piece.

Making a Vinyl Record Dessert Stand

This page is about making a record album cover purse. These old album sleeves can be used to create a fun bag.

Record Album Cover  Bag

This is a page about making a vinyl record earrings display. Old vinyl too damaged to listen to, is a great medium for crafting.

Making a Vinyl Record Earrings Display

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about making vinyl record cuff jewelry. An interesting and fun way to recycle old records can be melting them into a unique bracelet.

cuff style bracelet

This page is about making a record album clock. A fun reuse of a favorite album is as a clock.

Making a Record Album Clock

After years hating this blank wall but having no ideas to improve it finally I've made this! Calm down! I only used those I didn't like it! I still have my vinyl collection.

If you want to make your own, you just have to glue the disks to the wall. I used a special tape designed to be used with carpets but worked just well and they still stay on the wall.

By Orquidea Pires from Portugal

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Still have a bunch of those old record albums and 45s hanging around? Well, here is a fun sculpture you can make for your wall. First get some two by twos and make your self a simple box with two cross members in the center. Now the fun part. With a screwdriver and some screws start placing your albums on the frame. Layer them so you can still read the label. Once you have put the first layer on you can then use liquid silicone or Liquid Nails to put on the next layers.

Now you get to decide if you want them as a record sculpture as is or if you want to paint the whole thing with spray paint in a funky color. You could make the whole thing look like stone and give it texture by spraying with stone spray paint. You could also spray with ceiling texture and paint.

By Debra in CO

Does anyone know of any crafts that you can make from record albums, besides a bowl? Thanks.

By Karen from northeast MO

Answers

Best Answer

I took the 45 records and used them around a round mirror used it like a frame.

I have also seen where the have taken the record album and made jewelery out of them, mostly earrings.

Rosemary

Best Answer

I recently saw where someone cut the center part of the record out that has the paper label on it & used them for coasters.

Best Answer

I saw them folded about 1/3 up and then mounted on a wall to hold mail. It looked really cool. You could even fold them and flip them over, hang them upside down to use as a small shelf.

Best Answer

I turned the records into wall clocks and turned the actual album cover into notebooks. Not sure if I have a pic of the clocks I made, but here are a couple of samples of the Record Album Cover Notebooks I made.

I actually bought a notebook for 10 cents (back to school sales) and revamped the front and back covers with the album covers.

Old worn or scratched vinyl records can be given new life as seasonal charger plates using decoupage techniques. This is a page about making "Love Life" vinyl record charger plates.

Love Life Charger Plates - words and cutlery from the napkins arranged on the record and decoupaged in place then allow to dry for a few hours

This is a page about making planters with old record albums. Old record albums can be heated and molded into a variety of shapes.

Make Planters With Old Record Albums

This is a page about ipad/tablet vinyl record case. Recycle an old record by heating it to form a display case. It can be used for an iPad, tablet, or used as a holder for mail or magazines.

Making a Recycled Vinyl Record Tablet Holder

This page is contains crafts using record album sleeves. Old record album covers can be used in a variety of creative projects.

Stack of Record Albums

Crafts MiscellaneousSeptember 23, 2013
🎃