Making Vinyl Record Cuff Jewelry
Do you have an old LP/record, but no player? Make this unique and stunning cuff bracelet for next to nothing!
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- LP (record)
- old pendants/drops
- baking sheet
- string or hemp or cord (about 1 yard long)
- oven mitts
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Place LP/record on baking sheet.
- Heat in oven for 8 minutes.
- Wearing oven mitts, take out the record and cut a portion into a rectangle about 6 inches long x 3 inches wide. (you have about one minute to cut until record needs to be reheated.)
- If needed, reheat for four minutes each time and cut rectangle into a shape that is widest in the middle, and tapers to blunt ends.
- Once shape has been reached, reheat for another four minutes and take out.
- While it is cooling for the one minute, bend the shape into a cuff shape around your wrist (it will be hot, but not painful).
- Hold into desired shape until completely cooled.
- Turn off oven.
- Get string, hemp, or cord, and wrap over and over around the middle of the cuff; knot and leaving small tails hanging.
- Take old pendants/beads/drops, and attach their jumprings onto various places of the string, creating a beautiful and unique bracelet for next to nothing!
- Wear out on the town, give to a dear friend, or sell for about $80!
By Brianna from Dutch Harbor, AK
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.