Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

I have a light ring around my toilet bowl. I could use Clorox, but hear it is harmful for septic tanks. What could I use? I tried Ajax type stuff. The other part of the bowl is clean and remains that way with cleaning. But, this ring has been there for a few months and I would like to get it off.

By Cynda from MO

Answers:

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

You could try putting a bit of Comet on a cloth and scrub lightly, this just might remove the ring! (10/18/2010)

By linn.2009

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Try using a pumice stone. I had an old ring in our less-used toilet. I tried various cleaners with no success. Then I saw the women from that cleaning show (How Clean is Your House? It's from the UK.) easily remove a ring from a nasty toilet. It seems like it'd scratch the porcelain, but the porcelain is actually harder than the pumice. Just wet the stone, and rub on the ring. Voila! And no chemicals. Even better!

My mom lives in the country and was complaining to me about the ring in one of their toilets. I told her about the pumice stone, and she was so happy when she tried and it worked. And I was thrilled to give my mom some good cleaning advice. :-) (10/18/2010)

By mrs.story

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

You could shut off the water to the toilet tank. Then flush the toilet. That will clean out the water from the toilet. Then get a non scatch pad from your grocery store. Clean with any cleaner and wipe dry. That way nothing goes down the toilet to the septic tank. (10/18/2010)

By foxrun41

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

I didn't have luck with the pumice stone, just seemed to scratch the toilet bowl. I put toilet paper on the ring and soaked with vinegar, it helped, but didn't completely remove it. I am going to soak again and scrub with a stiff brush. (10/20/2010)

By HalfWhit

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

First, turn off the water at the toilet. Next line paper towels around the bowl. Then pour gently (or spray) Coke until the paper towels are saturated. Leave this on the entire night. In the morning, pull off the paper towels and toss them away. Scrub the bowl with a brush or pad. (10/20/2010)

By Barb1950

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

I remove the water from the bowl by pouring a couple buckets of water in it. That gets it to a manageable level so you can work on it. It has been my experience that the ring is lime so I have used "Lime Away" on it and I have also used Barkeeper's friend". They both work. (10/21/2010)

By Laniegirl

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Whink Rust Stain Remover worked for me. I first tried Kaboom and Scrubbing Bubbles foaming cleansers. No luck. Then I tried Lime Away and CLR, flushing between cleansers. They helped, but I still had a ring. Then I tried Whink Rust Stain Remover. Bingo! Voila! I rubbed with a scrubber sponge and the ring completely disappeared without a trace. It looks like new.

Years ago we had a housekeeper who used a pumice stone on bad rings. I was about to go buy one when I tried the Whink Rust Stain Remover. (11/27/2010)

By StainMeister

Photo of a woman cleaning a toilet.
Preventing and Cleaning Toilet Rings
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
Photo of a pumice stone.
Where Can I Buy a Pumice Stone?
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎉
🎄