Cleaning The Oven

I have a self cleaning oven but don't use it as frequently as I should. My oven has baked on food and the glass in the door is so dirty! Does anyone have any suggestions on the easiest way to clean this? As it looks now, I have at least an hour of scrubbing ahead of me.

Amy

Answers:

Cleaning The Oven

To clean the glass on the inside of the oven door I wipe some dish washing detergent over it and then use a single-sided safety razor blade to clean it off. The blade cleans off all of the baked-on splatters and doesn't scratch the glass at all. Then just wipe over the glass with a soapy cloth to remove any residue and dry off. (09/13/2007)

By Kate

Cleaning The Oven

Easy Off has come out with a spray especially for self-cleaning oven, look for it at your local stores or check out the website as I can't think exactly what they call it. (09/13/2007)

By thriftmeg

Cleaning The Oven

A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (Heavy Duty kind) works wonders. Just wet and use a lot of elbow grease.

When I moved into my apartment, the oven was a disaster! It was so filthy that I thought I was not going to be able to use it. I used all kinds of commercial cleaners on it and nothing worked. When I finally gave up, my 12 year-old daughter said to me, "Mom, get one of those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. They clean everything." Of course, I thought she was nuts, but the next time we were at the store, she begged me to get the "Magic Eraser" and I finally gave in just to prove to her that they would not work. Talk about eating humble pie. It cleaned up everything! (09/17/2007)

By Chris from Pennsylvania

Cleaning The Oven

I spray oven cleaner on my stove top and I spray the burners with oven spray outside (utility sink would work). I put them in a garbage and let them sit all day or night. Next day take them out of the bag and squirt them down with a hose. I wipe down the stove with a cloth or sponge. No scrubbing! It works great. (11/19/2007)

By MK in CA

Cleaning The Oven

Will ammonia fumes damage a self cleaning oven? I want to put a glass Pyrex dish in the oven over night with some water and a half cup of ammonia. I was told if left over night it would release the grime and all it would need is to be wiped clean. I realize that I should be careful not to drip any of the liquid on the surface. (10/20/2008)

By Jean

Cleaning the Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Unseasoned Dutch Oven
Seasoning a Dutch Oven
🎄