Cleaning Up Grease Spills

A messy upset of cooking grease or oil can be a challenge to clean up. This guide is about cleaning up grease spills.

September 7, 2004 Flag

Clean up grease or oil spills by sprinkling flour over the spill. The flour soaks up the spill and can then be easily scraped up and disposed of. This prevents the grease or oil from being spread around while trying to wipe it up with a paper towel or rag.

By Lisa

It's not as easy as you make it out to be TRUST ME. It takes a lot of Patience and hard work cleaning that up.

Lorin J....Did you even try this? I literally just finished cleaning up spilled bacon grease off my kitchen floor and this worked like a charm. I sprinkled quite a bit on there to soak it up, let it sit for about half an hour, swept the excess flour off of the top, and then scooped up the grease/flour paste with a paper plate. Then I sprayed some grease cutting kitchen cleaner, wiped with a paper towel, and it's perfect.

October 21, 2009 Flag

Plain apple cider vinegar with a paper towel does a great job of cleaning off the grease from our enameled stove! (I rinse with water.)

By Pamphyila from L.A., CA

Sprinkle some Whiting onto the enamel too. This will not only remove grime that you can't see, but will polish the enamel as well.

Great tip! Vinegar is my #1 household cleaner

Use distilled white vinegar, no need to rinse, it disinfects. I keep a spray bottle with half water and half vinegar and a few drops of no chemical dish soap on my counter. Great for cleaning everything even a few dishes if you have to. Those need to be rinsed, I think you guessed that. Another spray bottle with just straight vinegar is also there to disinfect cutting boards and what ever needs it, no need to rinse.

October 18, 2006 Flag

If grease or oil spills in your oven, quickly toss some salt on the stain. Once the oven has cooled off and the salt has dried, brush it out of your oven. Most of the stain should be gone.

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenJanuary 10, 2013
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Spilled Milk in kitchen
Preventing Spills in the Kitchen
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎉
🎄