Cleaning a Dishwasher

How do you clean a smelly dishwasher? I was thinking with ammonia? It is a good one with a stainless steel inside?

Karen from Dundee, IL

Cleaning a Dishwasher

WARNING: Muriatic acid is a highly reactive liquid acid, and one of the most dangerous chemicals you can buy for home use, and if you are like me I have a young baby and there is no way that I would even allow this stuff in my house, sure it may do the trick but there are plenty of green solutions that can be used to clean your dishwasher, I feel the same way with Bleach it is a very damaging chemical and you can use other methods to clean your dishwasher. (06/16/2008)

By Rhonda

Cleaning a Dishwasher

Two tips for cleaning the dishwasher

1. Fill a 2 cup bowl with vinegar and set it in the top rack of your dishwasher and run it. It gets rid of build up and smells.

2. A packet of lemonade kool-aid in the dishwasher and it will smell wonderful. Just run it once. Awesome way to make it smell great. (06/18/2008)

By momandmurray

Dishwasher full of dishes.
Cleaning a Dishwasher
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
New Open Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Dishwasher