Cleaning the Oven

What is the easiest way to clean a baked on oven? I have an electric stove, apartment size, and I have a hard time getting down on my knees. I need an easy solution please?

By Rocksey42 from Oelwein, IA

Answers:

Cleaning The Oven

You can use a foam mop with long handle to reach in the oven without getting on your knees. Good luck. (09/16/2009)

By kffrmw88

Cleaning the Oven

For the future, so you don't even have to clean the oven, just make sure you bake everything with a lid on it and/or foil or a baking sheet under it ;-) For now you probably should just ask a family member, friend, or neighbor to help. (09/18/2009)

By Deeli

Cleaning the Oven

Also remember, that certain oven doors open about 6" then slide up and off the hinge bracket, so you or someone can get in a lot closer. Using lemon scented oven cleaner also helps, as well as putting it in there the day before you plan to clean.
Good luck! (09/18/2009)

By Poor But Proud

Cleaning the Oven

I am lucky to have a portable steamer from Shark and I steamed my oven cavity, hinges and all. I moved into a house that has a 30-year old double oven on the wall (this oven is a workhorse), but it really cleaned it up well. After I wiped up the stuff that settled on the bottom of the oven, I steamed the bottom of the oven to clean that part. I had to clean the floor below from the grease and gunk from the hinges, but that was easy. I have a bird in the house and try to avoid using chemicals whenever possible. This steamer has been a blessing. (09/20/2009)

By bpsmith