Clear Iodine

Both of my thumb nails have deep horizontal ridges on them that look terrible. I bite my nails and fingers all the time, but my other nails do not have these ridges. I was told I could use white iodine, but cannot find it at Walmart or Walgreen's. Any suggestions? Thanks.

By Debbie from Memphis, TN

Answers:

Clear Iodine

I used to get it from Rite Aid, Harris Teeter, and Dollar General. It is clear only on skin. If it gets on clothing, counter tops, etc. It will leave a brown stain. (03/30/2010)

By perfume and powder

Clear Iodine

Before trying any home remedies on the horizontal lines on your nails, please see a doctor; horizontal lines on the nails can often be a sign of illness.

Check this link: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003247.htm

(03/31/2010)

By PupperMom

Clear Iodine

It's called de-colorized iodine and it will stain. If you get peroxide on top of it on your fingers, it will turn like regular iodine. I've used it for many years for the lines. (03/31/2010)

By c t

Clear Iodine

I found some at rite-aid pharmacy. They call it white iodine. (04/01/2010)

By sickandsexy

Clear Iodine

Please do a little checking around on line--earthclinic.com is very good. Generally ridges in nails mean some sort of exposure to toxicity--water, food, accidental poisoning, mineral deficiency. If it is indeed an iodine deficiency (are you tired, losing hair, or any other signs of low thyroid?), then just painting regular old iodine on your skin can be tremendously helpful. (Please look up iodine painting on earthclinic.com.)

Good luck! (04/01/2010)

By Gina J.

Clear Iodine

I just purchased some from my Grocery Pharmacy. However it is now behind the Pharmacy counter. He said it is now being used in making Meth. I also tried to purchase it at Wal-Mart and was told that they no longer carry it due to the Meth problem. You have to ask for it. (04/06/2010)

By Danialle

Clear Iodine

Thanks to all of you who responded to my question. I have ordered some online and am awaiting it. I have painted some on my stomach daily since Gina gave me the earthclinic website. It stayed on my body but faded to almost nothing. Since doing this I actually feel better and can notice a slight change in the ridges in my thumbs (can't believe it).

Thanks again for all your help, folks! (04/07/2010)

By sissymis

Clear Iodine
Contact Paper Crafts
Craft Uses for Contact Paper
Close Up of Handwriting
Handwriting Tips
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business, A handwritten business plan on paper.
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business
🎉
🎄