Condensation Inside Refrigerator

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong with my refrigerator? It keeps getting a lot of water on the shelves. It isn't very new and I was wondering if I need to get a new one? I put paper towels on the bottom shelf and another shelf last week and in no time the towels and shelves were completely soaked with water. Thanks for your help.

By crochet1-half from PA

Answers:

Condensation Inside Refrigerator

I had to defrost mine over a 24hr period to make sure it was completely ice free. It worked great for about 7weeks and just started with the condensation again. (08/27/2009)

By hera48

Condensation Inside Refrigerator

We had the same problem with a frig that was barely over ten years old and we just bought a new one as the problem wasn't permanently resolved, re: condensation build up. I've also surfed the net to find out why this happens and couldn't locate an answer. (08/27/2009)

By Lorelei

Condensation Inside Refrigerator

Are these fridges self defrosters? If they are, then it's possible that the defrosting hoses are clogged up.

Look on your fridge's back wall, usually up high, but also can be below the veggie drawers, you will see an opening. Pour some very hot water thru it (a turkey baster helps) and see if the pan underneath the fridge collects the water or if it just bubbles back out of the hole.

It is a good idea to pour a little hot water with a few drops of bleach into it a few times a year to keep it clear. You can look up your fridge online and see where these hoses are and see how often you are supposed to clean them.

Normally the heat from the motor underneath keeps the water evaporated in the pan. If your freezer suddenly freezes up and it is a frost free then it is usually the defrost control timer going out and it's not hard to replace yourself. (08/27/2009)

By wolfbytez

Condensation Inside Refrigerator

Maybe the seal isn't tight. You could probably test it by closing the door on a piece of paper and trying to pull it out. It would only take a few minutes to try this all the way around the door and could save you a lot of trouble. I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper to replace a seal than to lose any food. (09/02/2009)

By Goldie2

Condensation Inside Refrigerator
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Condensation in Mobile Home
Condensation in Mobile Home
Ceiling
Condensation Buildup on a Ceiling
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
🎉
🎄