Controlling Aphids on My Flowering Plums

I have flowering plums lining my driveway, and usually when I spray Ivory liquid in my sprayer, it controls the aphids, but not so this year. Is there a root treatment I can use?

By Nancy

It sounds to me that the aphids may be being bred by ants. Check to see if you have ants in the garden. Ants raise aphids for their nectar. I found if I get rid of the ants I can control the aphids. So I have been spreading corn meal on the dry ground, and a soap spray on the plants. You have to reapply the corn meal after it rains and after watering. I seem to have the aphids under control now, but it is a continuing battle until I find the ant hill(s).

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJuly 11, 2011
Two Ripe Plums on a Tree
Growing Plums
Canning Plums, Storing Plums. Selecting Good Plums. Ripe Plums on White Background
Canning Plums
Aphids on a rose bud.
Getting Rid of Aphids
Victoria Plums
Growing Victoria Plums