Controlling Underarm Wetness

A man with wet underarms.
Perspiration wetness on your clothing is frustrating and embarrassing. This is a guide about controlling underarm wetness.

Please inform me on some ways to control underarm wetness.

Wendy

Wear natural fabric clothing, such as cotton or linens. Skin can not breath thru things such as rayon or polyester. Use an antiperspirant, not a deodorant (or use one that has both).

If it is really a problem. See your doctor. There are some prescription antiperspirants that your doctor can prescribe. Also, there is a procedure that can be done to rid some of the sweat glands in the underarm area--it is sort of similar to a laser type treatment.

Mitchum deodorant is effective. If that is not strong enough, your doctor can prescribe something. Spicy foods make you sweat more, as does stress.

Wendy

Answers:

Controlling Underarm Wetness

What about baby powder with corn starch? People use that to control wetness in other places all the time, so I don't see why it wouldn't work in this case. On the other hand, if you want to go the ultra cheap way, why not just use corn starch? Hope this helps! It was just a thought! (03/17/2005)

By skbeal

Controlling Underarm Wetness

Greetings from Australia.
I have always perspired alot from my armpits. Recently I started using a non-aluminum antiperspirant deodorant, and found that I was very damp in my armpits all of the time. Solution corn-flour (cornstarch) from the grocers with a few teaspoons of bi-carb soda well blended in to it. You can mix in some of your favorite perfume if you like, as well. I put it in a powder puff container and puff it under my arms after my deodorant has dried. No wet, no smell, very natural, very happy! (03/17/2005)

By crazeemomma

Controlling Underarm Wetness

Go to a beauty supply store and get a deodorant stone. I think it's quartz. They are clear and kind of lumpy. You use the stone after your shower, but before you dry yourself off. They are wonderful.
They also last forever. No chemicals there! (03/17/2005)

By Annie

Controlling Underarm Wetness

Try an antiperspirant called Certain-Dri. It is pricey at about $6.00 a bottle, but it may save you money in the long run, since you may only need to use it a couple of times a week after your skin adjusts to the ingredients. It is strong stuff, and you have to follow the application directions exactly to get good results, but it really works well and virtually eliminates underarm wetness for me.

Tori (03/17/2005)

By truerblue

Controlling Underarm Wetness

I used to have a problem with underarm deodorants not working until I found Degree. Some of the newer Degrees do not work as well as the original Degree. it's not that expensive and definitely worth a try.

(03/17/2005)

By Marietta

Controlling Underarm Wetness

I find that I build up a tolerance to an antiperspirant formulation after one or two bottles, so I alternate the brand I use. I also make sure I put on two coats: one right after the shower and one after

breakfast. (03/18/2005)

By Jen

Controlling Underarm Wetness

There is actually a product called Maxim antiperspirant on-line that you can buy for hyperhidrosis. It is aluminum based, which some people may steer clear of, but I started using it to minimize sweating since I am getting married soon. It works well if you use according to the package. It's sort of weird to feel hot and sweaty and have a dry armpit! (08/25/2005)

By Kelly

Controlling Underarm Wetness

I have used Arrid Extra Dry for the last 30 years or so. (I'm 52, male.) My favorite these days is antiperspirant deodorant clear gel, but I have never tried the invisible solid. I have been keeping my
armpit hair trimmed down to nearly nothing since I was in my twenties and realized one day that my 24-hour deodorant was not lasting 24 hours! I learned this tip from a TV weatherman and it really works. Too much hair under there makes it impossible to stay dry because the hair retains moisture. (10/23/2005)

By Alan

Controlling Underarm Wetness

Try Mitchum, it works! (05/12/2006)

By Ariela

Controlling Underarm Wetness

My son had this problem. He used to wear 2 T shirts for gym all the time. We finally found a product called Dysol at the drug store that worked well. It was strong stuff, and had to be used according to the directions, but after using it, he was able to use regular antiperspirants. Mitchem was his brand of choice. Talk to your druggist about this product. (01/16/2007)

By louel53

Controlling Underarm Wetness

I solved my underarm sweating problems when my friend told me how botox injections can treat severe sweating problems. I found out that botox is FDA-approved for the treatment of excessive underarm perspiration. Discover for yourself how one botox treatment can reduce underarm sweat at their website
BotoxSevereSweating dot com. It definitely helped me. Now I have my self-confidence back and I'll never have to deal with sweaty armpits and a limited wardrobe again. (08/24/2007)

By Allison