Using the Entire Stick of Deodorant

It is frustrating and feels like you are wasting money when you are not able to get to the last bit of your stick deodorant. This page contains some creative solutions for using the entire stick of deodorant.

I recently learned that all packaging in underarm deodorant sticks actually have more deodorant material than the packaging claims. This extra material is used to keep the last bits of the deodorant on to the bottom of the base so that you can use the claimed amount to the very edge of the housing.

I wondered: is there any way to use the remaining material on the other side? Well, because the sticks housing is twisted to raise it up, I realized that it works just like a screw and a nut, with matching threading for both pieces. I thought, perhaps I can take it off, turn it upside down and get the material that is on the other side? Well, what do you know? It worked! Now with my deodorant (the white stick kind of Ban) Im going to be able to get a good two weeks worth of extra deodorant for gratis! Maybe it will work for your deodorant, too!

Since I do not use other deodorants, I'm not sure if they are all designed the same way, but it's worth a try.

When I've used up a solid deodorant stick as much as possible, I save the leftover stub (in the container). After accumulating 3 or 4, I pick out the leftover stubs and melt them in the microwave.

I then pour the melted deodorant into one of the old containers. Let it harden overnight and you have a brand new deodorant stick!

When my deodorant stick reaches near the end, it often crumbles and falls out of the applicator. I replace the broken pieces, slide a nylon knee-high over the top, twist it so it is snug and the lid can still fit on. It is now ready to use right through the nylon. It is still smooth to the skin and goes on nicely until it is all used up. That has given me an extra two weeks of use and a life saver if you don't have another new one on hand.

By Joyce from Regina, Sask.

Save your empty deodorant containers that still have some deodorant in the bottom. When you have quite a few of them, heat them in the microwave for about 10 seconds or until melted.

Pour into an empty container and let harden. You will have another full deodorant to use.

I use Lady Speed Stick deodorant and it doesn't roll up all the way to get all of the deodorant out of the container. I can see it in there, but it won't come above the surface. I've turned it upside down to roll it up, but nothing seems to work. I end up throwing away 1/4 of the deodorant every time. Does anyone know how to get it out?

Answers

Best Answer

Save this container and all future containers. Scrape out all the contents and put into the first container.

When you hade about 4 containers' worth of product, microwave in 10-second intervals. Cool and you will have a "new" container full of deodorant.

Does anyone know how to use or combine that last little bit of deodorant? I have been saving the containers and wonder if I scrape the last bit out of the applicator can it be combined in some way to make one full stick, maybe melting it in some way and letting it dry? Thanks.

By amy from Rochester

Answers

Best Answer

I turn the dial on one used deodorant is all the way down. I scoop out the leftover deodorant from the other containers and place in a small pyrex custard cup. I then put that custard cup in a small pan that has about one inch of water in it (water bath). I heat the pan until the water has heated up and the deodorant has melted. Then I take the custard cup out, cool the melted deodorant slightly, and pour it into the old deodorant container that has been turned down. Since the old deodorant has been left in this container, it seals the bottom and the melted deodorant doesn't leak out. I do this over some old newspaper in case of spills. I've found that melted leftovers from three containers - and the fourth as the base - usually fills a container to the top.

I've never had a problem with mixing deodorant brands, deodorants and antiperspirants, or scents. It's like using three and getting the fourth free.

You can melt down old lipsticks the same way. Just line the sides of the tube with parchment paper that you peel off once cool. I've mixed brands, colors, added shades that didn't suit me or were too light or too dark, and blended them into shades that I really liked. It's a great way to use lipstick leftovers that you'd otherwise throw away.

I also melt down chapsticks/lip glosses. I know they don't cost much, but we live on a tight budget. Rather than mix flavors, I usually melt one, pour it in and allow it to cool before adding the next flavor. I sometimes add an unflavored one between layers since you don't want to mix some flavors --like mint and root beer.

On our weekend away over Labor Day, I discovered that I had left the new deodorant behind, and only had the old one which was down to the plastic that holds the deodorant in. But, I managed to scrape enough deodorant off that holder with a toothpick to apply and it actually lasted over the long weekend. (Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after, though)

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

Answers:

Using It All - Deodorant

The Tightwad Gazette had a tip. Collect all those deodorant ends, put them in a glass custard cup, microwave for 45 seconds or till melted then pour into a recycled deodorant container. This is best if you use the same deodorant all the time otherwise the combinations of perfumes may end up gross. (09/14/2007)

By Roz

In These Pages
Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceApril 13, 2018
🌻
😷
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-the-Entire-Stick-of-Deodorant.html