Using the Entire Stick of Deodorant

When I've used up a solid deodorant stick as much as possible, I save the leftover stub (in the container). After accumulating 3 or 4, I pick out the leftover stubs and melt them in the microwave.

I then pour the melted deodorant into one of the old containers. Let it harden overnight and you have a brand new deodorant stick!

6 More Solutions

I recently learned that all packaging in underarm deodorant sticks actually have more deodorant material than the packaging claims. This extra material is used to keep the last bits of the deodorant on to the bottom of the base.

When my deodorant stick reaches near the end, it often crumbles and falls out of the applicator. I replace the broken pieces, slide a nylon knee-high over the top, twist it so it is snug and the lid can still fit on. It is now ready to use right through the nylon.

Save your empty deodorant containers that still have some deodorant in the bottom. When you have quite a few of them, heat them in the microwave for about 10 seconds or until melted. Pour into an empty container and let harden. You will have another full deodorant to use.

I use Lady Speed Stick deodorant and it doesn't roll up all the way to get all of the deodorant out of the container. I can see it in there, but it won't come above the surface.

I've turned it upside down to roll it up, but nothing seems to work. I end up throwing away 1/4 of the deodorant every time. Does anyone know how to get it out?

Answers

Best Answer

Save this container and all future containers. Scrape out all the contents and put into the first container. When you hade about 4 containers' worth of product, microwave in 10-second intervals. Cool and you will have a "new" container full of deodorant.

Answer this Question

Does anyone know how to use or combine that last little bit of deodorant? I have been saving the containers and wonder if I scrape the last bit out of the applicator can it be combined in some way to make one full stick, maybe melting it in some way and letting it dry? Thanks.

By amy from Rochester

Answers

Best Answer

I turn the dial on one used deodorant is all the way down. I scoop out the leftover deodorant from the other containers and place in a small pyrex custard cup. I then put that custard cup in a small pan that has about one inch of water in it (water bath). I heat the pan until the water has heated up and the deodorant has melted. Then I take the custard cup out, cool the melted deodorant slightly, and pour it into the old deodorant container that has been turned down. Since the old deodorant has been left in this container, it seals the bottom and the melted deodorant doesn't leak out. I do this over some old newspaper in case of spills. I've found that melted leftovers from three containers - and the fourth as the base - usually fills a container to the top. I've never had a problem with mixing deodorant brands, deodorants and antiperspirants, or scents. It's like using three and getting the fourth free.

You can melt down old lipsticks the same way. Just line the sides of the tube with parchment paper that you peel off once cool. I've mixed brands, colors, added shades that didn't suit me or were too light or too dark, and blended them into shades that I really liked. It's a great way to use lipstick leftovers that you'd otherwise throw away.

I also melt down chapsticks/lip glosses. I know they don't cost much, but we live on a tight budget. Rather than mix flavors, I usually melt one, pour it in and allow it to cool before adding the next flavor. I sometimes add an unflavored one between layers since you don't want to mix some flavors --like mint and root beer.

Answer this Question

On our weekend away over Labor Day, I discovered that I had left the new deodorant behind, and only had the old one which was down to the plastic that holds the deodorant in.

In These Pages
Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceApril 13, 2018
🐰
🐛
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-the-Entire-Stick-of-Deodorant.html