Using Deodorant

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Lid Removal from DeodorantIf you are like me and have no strength in your hands and fingers, then this tip is for you. When you get a new deodorant with the little plastic cover, use fingernail clippers to grab the corner of the clear cover. That way, you won't have to struggle with pulling and pulling and get no results.

6 More Solutions

I have used this tip several times over the years and it really does work to help curb the odor - when in a pinch!

Give your deodorant time to dry before you get dressed. I get out of bed, make a pot of tea, and shower. I put on the deodorant. Then I sit and drink the tea (in bed). A lovely treat in the morning!

I switched to an aluminum free deodorant about 9 months ago, so no antiperspirant.
Things are going OK. I feel awkward stating this. My armpits don't smell, it's my clothes! I've tried many different aluminum free deodorants. I'm currently using the crystal one and sometimes Tom's, at work.

I initially thought I kind of smell. But after a lot of investigation and trying new things, I've found it's not me, it's the armpits of my shirts that smell. As in, I lift my arm and sniff - there's a slight smell. I take off shirt. I lift my arm and sniff - there's no smell. I'm not a dirty person, I wash my clothes! I have a lot of non-cotton clothes (I'm bad with fabric) for work. Yesterday I was wearing a kind of stretchy soft fabric, which I demonstrated to my boyfriend how it's not me, it's the shirt. He agreed!

Has anyone else found this with these deodorants?

Answers

odors tend to stay in mostly synthetic or all synthetic clothing. Try using plain white vinegar in the rinse cycle

I will try that, thank you!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts

I agree that deodorants without all the harmful chemicals don't mask as well...
Making a light water solution with baking soda and spraying or pouring it on the inside of the underarm material may help (as well as the vinegar, which I even use for big time odors like cleaning litter boxes too).

I always dust my underarms with some baking soda on a big make up brush before using organic Kiss My Face deodorant (found in most health food and other stores)
Perhaps wearing those little cotton protectors on your bra may help absorb the extra moisture too. You could even cut them out from the little pads they sell for "inbetween your periods".

Worth a try!

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 337 Feedbacks

This sounds like a laundry issue rather than a deodorant issue. You might also try switching brands of detergent; I find that Tide often works better than generic brands. However, you might try a cup of baking soda in the wash cycle will work to remove odors.

You can follow that with vinegar in the rinse. One or the other, or both work well for many odors. Just don't mix them, as they neutralize each other, and you have nothing but salt water.

Answer this Question

Deodorant can leave an unsightly residue on clothing that can be difficult to remove. This is a page about how to remove deodorant build-up.

Deodorant build-up on a t-shirt.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains some creative solutions for using the entire stick of deodorant. It is frustrating and feels like you are wasting money when you are not able to get to the last bit of your stick deodorant.

Stick of Deodorant in red container

This is a page about deodorant makes my underarms itchy. Some consumers find that certain deodorants make the skin under their arms itchy.

Woman in tank top applying deodorant

Health & Beauty AdviceMay 20, 2014
😎
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Deodorant.html