Using the End of the Deodorant Stick

When I've used up a solid deodorant stick as much as possible, I save the leftover stub (in the container). After accumulating 3 or 4, I pick out the leftover stubs and melt them in the microwave.

I then pour the melted deodorant into one of the old containers. Let it harden overnight and you have a brand new deodorant stick!

Top Comment

Wonderful idea!

I tried this before, but gave up because the melted deoderant dripped through the opening at the bottom and just about emptied out. Now that I've seen your suggestion anew, I will stop up the bottom with something to prevent that!
Thanks!

Anonymous

Keep the dregs in the first container, then add the melted deoderant from subsequent containers on top of that. Voila!

I do this same thing on chapsticks and lipsticks.

By (Guest Post)

I should start doing this....sounds like a good idea and wouldn't be too much trouble. My husband has used stick deodorant for years and years and I have always noticed he throws it away when there is still some left.

That's a good idea about the chapsticks too! Just think of the interesting flavor combos!!

Better Living Green Living ReusingAugust 21, 2006
🐛
🌻
📓