Deodorant Reviews

Reading reviews of personal products, such as deodorant, can be helpful in trying to find a brand that will work for your specific needs. This is a guide about deodorant reviews.

Does anyone know what form of deodorant/anti-perspirant is the cheapest or lasts the longest? Is it roll-on, spray aerosol, solid, gell? Any homemade forms?

Thanks in advance.
coolchinchilla

Answers

My husband uses the solid salt crystal form. A single 7.00$ stick will last him at least a year. I know Rite-Aid pharmacies carry it, but I am sure you could purchase it from any number of places (Walgreens, Walmart, etc.).

I always get Avon deoderant. It won't last as long as "Siren" 's suggestion but it is cheap and works great. There are a million different fragrances. And alot of times the bonus size is on sale - that's when I stock up!

I tried using solid salt crystal as a deodorant, didn't do diddly squat for me, I still sweated and stunk when I got hot. so I wouldn't recommend that one as the end all of deodorants!

I use Suave stick antipersperant. It lasts a good while, I think I use 3-4 tubes a year. It is also fairly cheap.

I have had good luck with the Suave antiperspirant sticks--my favorites are the raspberry and the pacific breeze...and these are the ones I go back to time and time again. But I also think that switching antiperspirants every now and then helps, too. I don't know why, but it seems that introducing something new, like my husband's right guard power stripe, or 24/7 speed stick works better for awhile...and then I go back to the Suave, or Avon (yes, I agree, Avon does have some good roll-ons and it's cheap on sale). Main thing with me is to use anti-perspirant as opposed to just deodorant, and to switch them out every now and then. Might just be my imagination, but the rotation method seems to help the effectiveness of each brand of antiperspirant...also makes it cheaper as I can get different brands on sale.

I also like the AVON deodorants, too. As with most liquid deodorants, though, as stated on the label (most of the time!), shake the bottle well before you use it. That's so the ingredients are mixed so it works well until it's gone. :)

Ladies, I know that some commericals talk about deo. made for ladies because of the ph balance. All I know is that I buy men deo because it is cheaper and works just as well. I just buy one that is fragrance free. Oh, my screen name sounds like a guy but I am all WOMAN!

I always use dove, well i use dove from head to toe! its great, thats y theyve been around for so long.

I use an alum salt rock crystal. Where I live you can buy them very cheap at any pharmacy (just the raw rough crystal, not pre-cut or anything). They last forever and work extremely well if you use them right, but it is not an antiperspirant. After washing, wet the rock and rub on your underarm well. I am odorless all day no matter how much I sweat. I live in a hot and humid climate and do a lot of physical labour and am extremely smelly if I don't use a deodorant. The many disadvantage of this type of deo is that it's not as convenient to apply compared to commercial deos.

This is by far the cheapest deo that I know of. The next long-lasting (economical) after this is probably the solid stick type of deo.

i have the same problem, i am 14 and i sweat so bad and i think it smells and nothing helps... i also get stains on my clothing and it's embarassing...

Herbal Deoderant
 11/2 tsp beeswax
 1/2 tsp. cocoa butter
 1 tb. coconut oil
 3 dps tea tree oil
 15 drops rosemary essential oil
 25 drops lavender essential oil
 3 drops castor oil
Directions
melt butter and oils and add bees wax, allow to cool slightly add essential oils. simple and it works

Okay I have a BO problem. NO comercial deodorant helps me. I end up smelling like perfume mixed with BO. I have searched long and hard and have discovered two products that work. I still sweat...I just don't smell...and I mean all day long. I can put my arm up without worry all day and when I get into bed I don't knock myself out!

1. Baking soda. I use this currently. My arms are wet after showering and I sprinkle a little under my arms. It is wonderful and inexpensive. (I found out about it in an internet search of 101 things to do with bakiing soda.)
2. The Crystal (A bit more expensive) Likewise this works wonderfully.

With each of these it took time for me to get used to. They don't feel silky like comercial deodorants but I decided getting rid of the smell was more important to me.

the powder ones leaves white residue the gel leave sticky clothes the spray is ok

ADUH!! OLD SPICE BABY

There is a deoderant you can buy from health food stores called Lavilin, it's imported from Isreal and will cost you 15 bucks or so but it works. You only apply it once a week, depending on your chemistry. I need to apply it about every four or five day's. It's in a small container and at first you'll think man I was ripped off but you use only a small amount and you only apply it at night. Hope this works for you it does for me and before I started using it I smelled like a goat.

I need a dependable underarm deodorant.

By Fatso

Does anyone use a deodorant that really masks the odor? The last few years my deodorant doesn't work and I am trying all different brands.

I have read that applying baking soda can eliminate underarm odor because of its odor-eating ingredient. When I tried, yes it did, there was no unpleasant smell, but it did darken my skin as if it was burnt. Can you help me get rid of underarm odor while whitening the same area?

By Mar B.