Buying Government Cheese

In years past the Federal government has given out cheese to low income individuals and families. Many people really liked this cheese and would like to buy it now. This is a guide about buying "government" cheese.

How do I get my hands on some "Government Cheese"? Thirty years ago, I tasted some government cheese and loved it. It was a rich, yellow cheese with more protein per ounce than most public cheese. How do I get some?

By Topo from Denver, CO

Answers

Best Answer

I had the free cheese years ago, too! I have been buying "Fields" brand pre-sliced cheese in the 5 pound blocks. They also have it unsliced. I buy the sliced block and it lasts for a month at our house. It is the best and the closest to the govt. kind. They also sell it in 2.5 lb blocks. I get it at IGA, and use to get it at Sav a Lot. Good Luck!

Best Answer

I was told that Land O Lakes American cheese taste like the govt cheese. I tried it, it was pretty darn close.

Best Answer

You CAN buy the cheese! It is made by Land O' Lakes and is called easy melt american cheese. It's for sale on Amazon, but it comes in big long blocks like the old days. 5 pounds in a block and you have to buy 5. It's like $112 for it all. If you went together with a few other people it would be good.

Best Answer

Land O Lakes American Yellow Process Cheese Slice 5 Pound
$32.05 - Foodservicedirect.com
No tax

How can I purchase surplus government cheese? Land O'Lakes has some in 5 pound blocks (with a purchase of 5 blocks) called cheese melt. Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

http://www.food  Loaf-5-Pound.htm