Crafts Using Fleece Scraps

There are many fun crafts that can be make using your leftover fleece scraps. This is a guide about crafts using fleece scraps.

December 6, 2011 Flag

If you love to work with polar fleece, like I do, you'll have plenty of scraps. I cut them into 9 inch squares and use as a dishcloth. I was so surprised at how absorbent they are.

By Sheryl from Hesperia, MI

Never would have thought of this, thank-you!

April 27, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making a fleece hair bow. Easy to work with fleece fabric is a good choice for making a cute child's hair bow.

Making a Fleece Hair Bow

January 28, 2013 Flag

I always make cute little things out of fleece, which I love the feel of. There are always little bits left after making no sew fleece mini pillows.

I take the little bit of fleece, and cut little legs on either side of the little scrap, and then pull it to stretch it. It looks like a little bug. You can draw eyes on them or just leave them.

They are a big hit with the little kids and the animals try to steal them all the time.

December 25, 2006 Flag

I have little squares of fleece leftover from making blankets. Any suggestions for uses?

Connie from Owosso

you could cut out two small squares say 4 inches by 4 inches and sew up 3 sides like a cushion and pop left over scraps of soap inside then sew up the 4th side and put on the soap dish or beside the bath they will lather up quite well for washing hands and wont make a mess of the sink either, they wont last long but at least they would get used

also could fleece be chopped up and used for pet bedding such as hamster or gerbil?

I make soft rattles with them. I cut them into shapes (stars, trees, dolls, moons, whatever you like) and sew them up and fill them with stuffing and a couple of jingle bells. Little kids love the sound of the jingle bells (and they can't swallow them if they're inside the toy) and they are very cuddly.

sew together, and stuff for pillows. you chose the size.

I have a lot of thin pieces cut from evening up the sides of the blankets before preparing, along with the "cut out corners"/squares. I read the APA needs toys and blankets for kittens. One of the toys is a mouse made with scrap material and filled with cat nip. Thinking about that. But I'm curious if the strips can be used to construct a latch hook "fleece" rug? Has anyone tried that?

I am starting to make slippers with the fleece scraps. You'll need some Jiffy Grip for the sole, then a piece of fleece, depending on how big the slipper, perhaps 8 in. long and 5 in. wide, then a piece of knit ribbing for the ankle. I found an old slipper someone had made my granddaughter years ago, so I just took that as a pattern. You really just need to trace the foot for the Jiffy Grip, then the same for the fleece, only you need to make it a little larger so it can come up to the ankle, then attach a piece of ribbing. Confusing? I hope not. I just wrote it like I make it. I'm visiting at my daughter's right now, but if anyone is interested, I could upload a photo when I get home tonight.

Use the squares as advertisements for the next fleece blanket project (if you're doing it as a church youth group project or as a teen activity at a school/library). My church uses the squares and puts a sticky label on it with the information needed for donations for the next year.

I make more blankets with the scraps. I cut the scraps into squares, then single crochet around the block and then join the squares together. Makes a nice patchwork blanket

I use my scraps to make teddy bears to donate to law enforcement agencies to give to kids who have been in accidents or domestic abuse situations. They're nothing fancy, but they're soft and cuddly. It gives kids something to hold on to. I found a simple one piece pattern on the internet. Cut two pieces the same for front and back. I bought eyes and noses since I was afraid to use buttons. The features could be embroidered if you wanted to. I used my copier to enlarge/reduce the pattern to use with different size scraps. To dress up the bears I put a ribbon bow around the neck and tacked it several places to keep it in place.

September 1, 2012 Flag

What can I use fleece scrapes for?

By dd

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I use mine for making rag rug pictures.

Crafts AdviceJune 1, 2013
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Fleece Fabric
Making a Fleece Doll Blanket
two fleece puppy pillows
Making Scrap Fleece Puppy Pillows
Fleece Hat, Gloves and Scarf
Crafts Using Fleece
🎉
🎄