Browsing: Crafts Using Fleece Scraps

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Crafts Using Fleece Scraps

There are many fun crafts that can be make using your leftover fleece scraps. This is a guide about crafts using fleece scraps.

Craft Using Fleece
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

December 6, 2011 Flag

If you love to work with polar fleece, like I do, you'll have plenty of scraps. I cut them into 9 inch squares and use as a dishcloth. I was so surprised at how absorbent they are.

By Sheryl from Hesperia, MI

April 27, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making a fleece hair bow. Easy to work with fleece fabric is a good choice for making a cute child's hair bow.

Making a Fleece Hair Bow

January 28, 2013 Flag

I always make cute little things out of fleece, which I love the feel of. There are always little bits left after making no sew fleece mini pillows.

Finished bug on laptop palm rest.

I take the little bit of fleece, and cut little legs on either side of the little scrap, and then pull it to stretch it. It looks like a little bug. You can draw eyes on them or just leave them.

They are a big hit with the little kids and the animals try to steal them all the time.

Piece of pink fleece.Cutting legs down the length of the piece.View of finished bug from underside.

December 25, 2006 Flag

I have little squares of fleece leftover from making blankets. Any suggestions for uses?

Connie from Owosso

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am starting to make slippers with the fleece scraps. You'll need some Jiffy Grip for the sole, then a piece of fleece, depending on how big the slipper, perhaps 8 in. long and 5 in. wide, then a piece of knit ribbing for the ankle. I found an old slipper someone had made my granddaughter years ago, so I just took that as a pattern. You really just need to trace the foot for the Jiffy Grip, then the same for the fleece, only you need to make it a little larger so it can come up to the ankle, then attach a piece of ribbing. Confusing? I hope not. I just wrote it like I make it. I'm visiting at my daughter's right now, but if anyone is interested, I could upload a photo when I get home tonight.

Use the squares as advertisements for the next fleece blanket project (if you're doing it as a church youth group project or as a teen activity at a school/library). My church uses the squares and puts a sticky label on it with the information needed for donations for the next year.

I make more blankets with the scraps. I cut the scraps into squares, then single crochet around the block and then join the squares together. Makes a nice patchwork blanket

I use my scraps to make teddy bears to donate to law enforcement agencies to give to kids who have been in accidents or domestic abuse situations. They're nothing fancy, but they're soft and cuddly. It gives kids something to hold on to. I found a simple one piece pattern on the internet. Cut two pieces the same for front and back. I bought eyes and noses since I was afraid to use buttons. The features could be embroidered if you wanted to. I used my copier to enlarge/reduce the pattern to use with different size scraps. To dress up the bears I put a ribbon bow around the neck and tacked it several places to keep it in place.

Make a garland for tree, windows, or mantle.

September 1, 2012 Flag

What can I use fleece scrapes for?

By dd

I use mine for making rag rug pictures.

Crafts AdviceJune 1, 2013
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Fleece Fabric
Making a Fleece Doll Blanket
two fleece puppy pillows
Making Scrap Fleece Puppy Pillows
Fleece Hat, Gloves and Scarf
Crafts Using Fleece
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 6:03:45 PM on 10.0.2.36 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.