Crafts Using Fleece

Category Fabric
Fleece is a popular fabric for use in craft projects of all sorts. This is a guide about crafts using fleece.

Rag Rug From Recycled Fleece Clothing

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 6

I have just joined the site and thought you might like to see a rug made from recycled fleece jackets. They are very cheap to buy in the charity shops, there are some brilliant colors and make a super rug.

Instead of buying super expensive fleece hammocks and bedding for ferrets or other small fuzzy animals, I buy old fleece winter hats and baby blankets from the thrift stores.

The hats that have ties or velcro straps can be secured to the sides of the cage. My fuzzies love them and they are so cheap I can toss them out when they get too worn out or unwashable.

By akGirl from Anchorage, AK

An excellent example of resourcefulness - and I don't even own a ferret, lol!

I always make cute little things out of fleece, which I love the feel of. There are always little bits left after making no sew fleece mini pillows.

I take the little bit of fleece, and cut little legs on either side of the little scrap, and then pull it to stretch it. It looks like a little bug. You can draw eyes on them or just leave them.

They are a big hit with the little kids and the animals try to steal them all the time.

Woman wearing a fleece scarf.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This guide is about making a fleece scarf. A inexpensive, cozy wrap can be made with this material.

I received a nice fluffy fleece throw, but it it too warm for me. How else can I use it?

If you have a closet to cover, or a window you keep getting drafts through, pushpin this over it. If you want, get binder clips and evenly space them. Then, get shower curtain rings and thread the clip rings through them. and slid a rod through the rings. You then have a nice curtain. This is one I won a contest for.

http://www.thri  hout-Sewing.html

Use at the end of the bed to add color, drape over a chair, or the sofa, re-gift....

Donate to homeless shelter; blankets are always welcome!

Fleece doesn't ravel. So if you'd like, you can cut it into strips and make winter scarves. Frankly, I like Janet's idea to use it to add color and texture in your home. The foot of the bed is a popular place to display something colorful or over a chair.

I have little squares of fleece leftover from making blankets. Any suggestions for uses?

Connie from Owosso

sew together, and stuff for pillows. you chose the size.

I have a lot of thin pieces cut from evening up the sides of the blankets before preparing, along with the "cut out corners"/squares. I read the APA needs toys and blankets for kittens. One of the toys is a mouse made with scrap material and filled with cat nip. Thinking about that. But I'm curious if the strips can be used to construct a latch hook "fleece" rug? Has anyone tried that?

I am starting to make slippers with the fleece scraps. You'll need some Jiffy Grip for the sole, then a piece of fleece, depending on how big the slipper, perhaps 8 in. long and 5 in. wide, then a piece of knit ribbing for the ankle. I found an old slipper someone had made my granddaughter years ago, so I just took that as a pattern. You really just need to trace the foot for the Jiffy Grip, then the same for the fleece, only you need to make it a little larger so it can come up to the ankle, then attach a piece of ribbing. Confusing? I hope not. I just wrote it like I make it. I'm visiting at my daughter's right now, but if anyone is interested, I could upload a photo when I get home tonight.

Use the squares as advertisements for the next fleece blanket project (if you're doing it as a church youth group project or as a teen activity at a school/library). My church uses the squares and puts a sticky label on it with the information needed for donations for the next year.

I make more blankets with the scraps. I cut the scraps into squares, then single crochet around the block and then join the squares together. Makes a nice patchwork blanket

I use my scraps to make teddy bears to donate to law enforcement agencies to give to kids who have been in accidents or domestic abuse situations. They're nothing fancy, but they're soft and cuddly. It gives kids something to hold on to. I found a simple one piece pattern on the internet. Cut two pieces the same for front and back. I bought eyes and noses since I was afraid to use buttons. The features could be embroidered if you wanted to. I used my copier to enlarge/reduce the pattern to use with different size scraps. To dress up the bears I put a ribbon bow around the neck and tacked it several places to keep it in place.

What can I use fleece scrapes for?

By dd

I use mine for making rag rug pictures.