Browsing: Crafts Using Fleece

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Crafts Using Fleece

Fleece is a popular fabric for use in craft projects of all sorts. This is a guide about crafts using fleece.

Fleece Hat, Gloves and Scarf
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 28, 2009 Flag

I have just joined the site and thought you might like to see a rug made from recycled fleece jackets. They are very cheap to buy in the charity shops, there are some brilliant colors and make a super rug.

Rag Rug From Recycled Fleece Clothing

October 4, 2005 Flag

Last winter after being cold from our single pane sliding glass door and not having the money to replace it, we bought a large piece of polar fleece to cover the window. (It's an 6 X 8 Foot window, I looked online for the best deal and ordered 3 or 4 yards of 60 inch wide good quality fleece. I think it cost about $50.)

Although it is not transparent (so does give you a bit of a blocked in feeling when closed), it does an amazing job as an insulating curtain both for the summer and the winter. We noticed a big difference. You could also buy a bunch of the little lap blankets when they are on sale and use them for smaller windows or sew them together for bigger ones. The key is to have the fleece at least an inch or two bigger on the sides and top of the window. Fit it close to the window opening so no cold can get through the edges. We used push pins to hang it close to the opening.

When it is sunny, you can tie open the curtains to get some solar heat. You can hang some more decorative curtains over the fleece so it looks better. It definitely cut our gas bill during the coldest part of the winter.

If any of you have done something similar or try this, let us know.

Susan from ThriftyFun

October 15, 2009 Flag

Instead of buying super expensive fleece hammocks and bedding for ferrets or other small fuzzy animals, I buy old fleece winter hats and baby blankets from the thrift stores.

The hats that have ties or velcro straps can be secured to the sides of the cage. My fuzzies love them and they are so cheap I can toss them out when they get too worn out or unwashable.

By akGirl from Anchorage, AK

December 27, 2015 Flag

I received a nice fluffy fleece throw, but it it too warm for me. How else can I use it?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you have a closet to cover, or a window you keep getting drafts through, pushpin this over it. If you want, get binder clips and evenly space them. Then, get shower curtain rings and thread the clip rings through them. and slid a rod through the rings. You then have a nice curtain. This is one I won a contest for.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/Blanket-Curtain-Without-Sewing.html

Use at the end of the bed to add color, drape over a chair, or the sofa, re-gift....

Donate to homeless shelter; blankets are always welcome!

Fleece doesn't ravel. So if you'd like, you can cut it into strips and make winter scarves. Frankly, I like Janet's idea to use it to add color and texture in your home. The foot of the bed is a popular place to display something colorful or over a chair.

January 4, 2012 Flag

I have made beautiful red scarves out of the fleece from the remnant bin at Walmart. I thought this pattern and design might be beautiful and I was right!

Red fleece scarf with stars.

January 28, 2013 Flag

I always make cute little things out of fleece, which I love the feel of. There are always little bits left after making no sew fleece mini pillows.Finished bug on laptop palm rest.

I take the little bit of fleece, and cut little legs on either side of the little scrap, and then pull it to stretch it. It looks like a little bug. You can draw eyes on them or just leave them.

They are a big hit with the little kids and the animals try to steal them all the time.

Piece of pink fleece.Cutting legs down the length of the piece.View of finished bug from underside.

December 25, 2006 Flag

I have little squares of fleece leftover from making blankets. Any suggestions for uses?

Connie from Owosso

I am starting to make slippers with the fleece scraps. You'll need some Jiffy Grip for the sole, then a piece of fleece, depending on how big the slipper, perhaps 8 in. long and 5 in. wide, then a piece of knit ribbing for the ankle. I found an old slipper someone had made my granddaughter years ago, so I just took that as a pattern. You really just need to trace the foot for the Jiffy Grip, then the same for the fleece, only you need to make it a little larger so it can come up to the ankle, then attach a piece of ribbing. Confusing? I hope not. I just wrote it like I make it. I'm visiting at my daughter's right now, but if anyone is interested, I could upload a photo when I get home tonight.

Use the squares as advertisements for the next fleece blanket project (if you're doing it as a church youth group project or as a teen activity at a school/library). My church uses the squares and puts a sticky label on it with the information needed for donations for the next year.

I make more blankets with the scraps. I cut the scraps into squares, then single crochet around the block and then join the squares together. Makes a nice patchwork blanket

I use my scraps to make teddy bears to donate to law enforcement agencies to give to kids who have been in accidents or domestic abuse situations. They're nothing fancy, but they're soft and cuddly. It gives kids something to hold on to. I found a simple one piece pattern on the internet. Cut two pieces the same for front and back. I bought eyes and noses since I was afraid to use buttons. The features could be embroidered if you wanted to. I used my copier to enlarge/reduce the pattern to use with different size scraps. To dress up the bears I put a ribbon bow around the neck and tacked it several places to keep it in place.

Make a garland for tree, windows, or mantle.

September 1, 2012 Flag

What can I use fleece scrapes for?

By dd

I use mine for making rag rug pictures.

Crafts FabricJuly 17, 2013
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Fleece Fabric
Making a Fleece Doll Blanket
Craft Using Fleece
Crafts Using Fleece Scraps
two fleece puppy pillows
Making Scrap Fleece Puppy Pillows
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 12:27:23 AM on 10.0.2.68 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.