Crafts Using Soda Cans

You have probably seen soda can crafts in your neighbor's garden, at craft fairs, and on craft web sites. This is a guide about crafts using soda cans.

Crafts Using Soda Cans
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

This is a guide about making a soda can lantern. Recycle your soda cans by making decorative lanterns to use on your patio or in the garden.

Making a Soda Can Lantern

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Recycled Pop Can GarlandPierce the side of the can near the top with a knife.Carefully cut out the top, beginning where you pierced it. Then cut down the side and cut out the bottom.

Cut shapes freehand or use a diecutter or trace a pattern on one side with a marker and cut them out. Chain stitch cord or thread or string in between each shape or string them in whatever way you want to adding beads if you like.

I used metallic cord so it should last a little while if I decided to hang it outside.

It is about 8 feet long.

By Melody_yesterday

To make a cheap wind chime, I used a 1x4 inch board, cut 4- 3 1/2 inch pieces, and drilled 4 small holes, 3 inches apart, and 2 holes in the top of the board. I used fishing line to make the hanger, and I use soda cans, any kind of soda will work. I paint the board the same color as the cans. I use fishing line to hang the cans.

I have a Redneck or Hillbilly Windchime.

By Barbara from Spring Hill, FL

I saw at a craft fair that someone had these model airplanes and models boats and cars made out of soda cans and beer cans. I've been searching all over for how to make a sailboat out of beer cans. Can anyone help me?

Sabrina

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I went to a bar last night that had these model airplanes hanging up over the bar. I asked about them because I really want one. They were made by the owner's friend, son. The owner is on holiday but when he gets back I'm gonna get his contact details. You have to collect the cans yourself and then he charges 10 pound to make it for you.

I would like directions on making a wallet from tin can or soda pop cans. I would like other projects made with soda cans as well.

KATHI from Iron River, MI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

On you-tube there are videos that show you how to make purses from soda cans. More than likely there is a video for a wallet there also. Basically you can cut squares or rectangles from the can, then you punch holes in the squares or rectangles with a regular hole punch (I would use a leather punch if you have one - with 1/4" holes for the punch) all around the square. You then crochet with a sturdy yarn or string around the squares. Attach the squares together with crochet. You could use Velcro for the clasp. You can use paint or duct tape before punching the holes if you want it one color.

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherFebruary 9, 2013
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
Soda Can Plant Labels
Making Soda Can Plant Labels
Pouring Sparkling Water
Making Sparkling Water
Tin Can Frog
Tin Can Animal Crafts
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 28, 2016 at 9:06:14 PM on 10.0.2.6 in 824 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.