Crafts Using Soda Cans

You have probably seen soda can crafts in your neighbor's garden, at craft fairs, and on craft web sites. This is a guide about crafts using soda cans.

February 22, 2010 Flag

Pierce the side of the can near the top with a knife.Carefully cut out the top, beginning where you pierced it. Then cut down the side and cut out the bottom.

Cut shapes freehand or use a diecutter or trace a pattern on one side with a marker and cut them out. Chain stitch cord or thread or string in between each shape or string them in whatever way you want to adding beads if you like.

I used metallic cord so it should last a little while if I decided to hang it outside.

It is about 8 feet long.

By Melody_yesterday

I just went out and untangled my garland and decided to take a pic. I have several other pop cans I rinsed out that are sitting in the kitchen sink drainer and ready to cut for more usable crafting materials to make more crafts. Exciting, huh?

I love this! Great idea! I'm impressed with your creativity!

What a cute idea. How about making them for the holidays and spray painting accordingly?

Perhaps you could sell these to local gardeners to keep animals out of trees and gardens. The light bouncing off the ornaments should keep animals away and decorate your yard at the same time. Nice way to recycle!

April 6, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making a soda can lantern. Recycle your soda cans by making decorative lanterns to use on your patio or in the garden.

Making a Soda Can Lantern

May 22, 2011 Flag

To make a cheap wind chime, I used a 1x4 inch board, cut 4- 3 1/2 inch pieces, and drilled 4 small holes, 3 inches apart, and 2 holes in the top of the board. I used fishing line to make the hanger, and I use soda cans, any kind of soda will work. I paint the board the same color as the cans. I use fishing line to hang the cans.

I have a Redneck or Hillbilly Windchime.

By Barbara from Spring Hill, FL

I like this idea. I don't know that I'd make one with whole cans, since you'd need a fairly large space to hang it (which I currently don't have), but I can see some intriguing possibilities for using cans and tin snips to create pieces for a wind chime.

March 26, 2011 Flag

Surprise your host and hostess with a six pack of their favorite beverage, the surprise will be that you enjoyed their beverage while making them a carrier for tableware and napkins.

October 9, 2008 Flag

I saw at a craft fair that someone had these model airplanes and models boats and cars made out of soda cans and beer cans. I've been searching all over for how to make a sailboat out of beer cans. Can anyone help me?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I went to a bar last night that had these model airplanes hanging up over the bar. I asked about them because I really want one. They were made by the owner's friend, son. The owner is on holiday but when he gets back I'm gonna get his contact details. You have to collect the cans yourself and then he charges 10 pound to make it for you.

November 8, 2006 Flag

I would like directions on making a wallet from tin can or soda pop cans. I would like other projects made with soda cans as well.

KATHI from Iron River, MI

On you-tube there are videos that show you how to make purses from soda cans. More than likely there is a video for a wallet there also. Basically you can cut squares or rectangles from the can, then you punch holes in the squares or rectangles with a regular hole punch (I would use a leather punch if you have one - with 1/4" holes for the punch) all around the square. You then crochet with a sturdy yarn or string around the squares. Attach the squares together with crochet. You could use Velcro for the clasp. You can use paint or duct tape before punching the holes if you want it one color.

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherFebruary 9, 2013
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
Soda Can Plant Labels
Making Soda Can Plant Labels
Pouring Sparkling Water
Making Sparkling Water
Tin Can Frog
Tin Can Animal Crafts