Browsing: Crafts Using Terra Cotta Flower Pots

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Crafts Using Terra Cotta Flower Pots

Terra cotta flower pots are an excellent choice for making a variety of crafts both for your home and garden. This is a guide about crafts using terra cotta flower pots.

terra cotta flower pot person
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

February 22, 2016 Flag

Make this cute, inexpensive candy machine for Valentine's Day or decorate for any occasion. It makes a nice gift for a friend or co-worker.

filled candy dish

May 1, 2014 Flag

This is a guide about making a terra cotta lighthouse. An inexpensive craft project made with clay pots is a lighthouse for a garden decoration.

Making a Terra Cotta Lighthouse

September 29, 2015 Flag

This adorable faux plant is perfect for hiding your secret stash of candy!

Pom Pom Plant Candy Dish

June 15, 2009 Flag

small hanging bell decorationThis is a mini bell I made from a terra cotta pot, paint, and odds n ends.

By moonseekerjade from Onset, MA

April 2, 2009 Flag

Bubble Gum Machine Candy DishThis would be a neat gift for anyone or a great conversation piece for your home or office. I purchased each piece for $1 or less at the local craft store.

1. Take a 3 inch terra cotta pot and a 3 inch terra cotta saucer and paint them red (traditionally) or any other color you desire. Allow to dry. Make sure to paint both the inside and out of both pieces.

2. Find a small glass bowl that the base will fit plumb with the bottom of the terra cotta pot. With hot glue or epoxy/silicone sealant, turn pot upside down and glue to the bottom of the glass bowl.

3. If desired, you can paint (with black paint marker) a "hole" where the gum would come out of a real gumball machine.

4. Fill with gumballs or other assorted candy and then place the painted saucer in the top of the bowl.
And there you have it. I made this for less than $5 and that includes the gumballs. Hope you enjoy!

Renee from Dickinson, TX

June 18, 2009 Flag

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do with small terra cotta pots and drip pans. I bought some at hobby lobby and don't know what to do with them. I could plant something in them but I want to do a craft. Thanks.

By sassier299 from Burtchville, MI

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I like the idea of the bamboo and pots. How big around does the bamboo have to be and where did you get the bamboo?

I used the very small pots to make door prizes/centerpieces for tables. Put a small piece of foam in the pot and stick tiny flowers in to make a floral pot.

I have seen cute holiday decorations made with them. For instance, snowmen faces, Santa faces, pumpkins, etc. Just turn them upside down, paint the entire pot (for example white for a snowman), and use other paint and or accesories to put on the features. How about using small ones to hold candy. Decorate the pot the way you wish. Might make great party favors, school goodie containers, or given to nursing home patients for a holiday gift. I hope I explained myself ok. Have fun!

I've made candle holders out of them. Turn the pot upside down on a flat surface. Glue the saucer to the bottom of the pot. Saucer should be facing up. Paint anyway you like. I like to put felt or foam on the bottom of mine so they don't scratch surfaces.

I also make coasters out of the saucers. Paint them anyway you like and spray with a protective sealer. Glue felt on the bottom.

Read More Answers...
Crafts AdviceJanuary 23, 2013
Broken terra cotta planter used to retain garden plant.
Reusing Terra Cotta Planters
Finished Clay Pot Angel
Clay Pot Craft Projects
Terra Cotta Pots
Cleaning Terra Cotta Pots
Clay Pot Angels
Making Clay Pot Angels
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 25, 2016 at 6:17:38 AM on 10.0.0.118 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.