Cub Scouts Parade Float Ideas

I'm trying to come up with an idea for a cub scout Christmas parade float. I don't want anything extravagant as we are a new pack and can't afford a lot. The theme to the parade is "A Holly Jolly Christmas." It has to be in line with the Christmas specials that come on television; Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and so on. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Emily

Answers:

Cub Scouts Parade Float Ideas

When I sat and watched the Grinch film with my children I think he had a large sleigh filled with presents teetering on a mountain top! Which got me thinking, maybe you could have lots of large "presents" on your float. Just cover very large cardboard boxes free from supermarkets etc with shiny paper and big bows? Dotted around the float amongst your other ideas, they might fill a few gaps. (11/10/2006)

By Carol

Cub Scouts Parade Float Ideas

Have a tent with some cub scouts sitting around a pretend fire, roasting marshmallows. Behind them have some of the characters you wrote of peeking from behind some tree boughs. For Frosty the Snowman, you could have one of those plastic snowmen with the top hats. Have an obedient dog made up to be Rudolph, a Santa Claus in suit and so on. They can all be singing "Holly Jolly Christmas." (06/11/2008)

By Mandy

Cub Scouts Parade Float Ideas

I've done this with my son's cub scout den and my daughter's brownie troop. An adult on a lawn mower in a Santa hat with the boys/girls in front in pairs with the antler headbands on and each holding a rope in the outer hand. We got first place last year! :-) We decorated our reins with garland and of course the front deer had the big red nose. (10/14/2008)

By Sabrina

4th of July Parade
4th of July Float Ideas
Two people watching a St Patrick's Day parade.
St Patrick's Day Parade Float Ideas
Trucks decorated for a Christmas parade
Christmas Parade Float Ideas
Blue Parade Float Skirt
Parade Float Ideas
🎉
🎄