This recipe was shared with me from a friend. I then changed the fillings, etc. to suit my family.

• 1/2 cup butter (softened)
  • Ad
  • 6 Tbsp. sugar
  • 6 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 Tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. flour

• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I had pecans but you could use walnuts or your favorite nuts)

Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add rest of batter ingredients and mix well. Fill paper muffin cups 1/2 full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Top will appear cooked but have a small indention in center.

While cupcookies are baking, mix filling. When 10 minutes are up, remove from oven and put about 1 Tbsp. of the filling on top of each cupcookie.

Return to oven and bake another 10 - 12 minutes. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes. Then remove from pan and cool completely. The filling kind of sinks into the middle of the cupcookie and the top looks cooked.

Servings: 12-14
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 22 Minutes

Source: A friend shared the basic recipe with me, and this is my version of the original.

By Joan from Nebraska

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CookiesJune 5, 2011