Custom Spice Rack

We have been cooking for a long time and baking for the longest time. Our spice rack was just too small for handling all our condiments. We replace them every 6 months, so hubby thought of a way to keep them all in a space that I could reach as I am 4 foot 9 inches and had a hard time reaching for them in the pantry.

By granylou93

Answers:

Custom Spice Rack

What a good idea. I too am short, 5 foot, well used to be 5 foot. I would love more than anything to get a custom kitchen, everything lower. Counters and stove and the cabinets. I think I would enjoy cooking more if it was more comfortable to reach things. I use a step stool and if I'm not standing on it, I'm tripping over it. (08/05/2005)

By Valery

Custom Spice Rack

I absolutely love that idea

(08/09/2005)

By Ziggee

Custom Spice Rack

What a great idea! Ad how thoughtful of your husband to create it for you! (08/15/2005)

By Jeannie

Custom Spice Rack

I agree with the others that grannylou has a very nice spice cabinet. I am short also at 5 foot 1 inch and hate having to grab the step stool to reach some things in the kitchen. I've stored my spices various ways and am looking for a new way right now. I've got them in a drawer I cleared out and short ones stand up and taller ones are laying down. I can see them all and they are easy to get out but I'd prefer to use that drawer for other purposes. I am thinking of buying a rack to hang on the inside of one of the cabinet doors. Spices should never be stored near heat by the way. The handiest place is near the stove but that is the worst places to store your spices, as heat makes them deteriorate quickly. (01/15/2006)

By Debbie52