Decorating Shoes

Category Shoes
red shoes with feathers
You can personalize your plain shoes by decorating them in a wide variety of ways. This is a guide about decorating shoes.

If you have clip on earrings, they are great to dress up plain toed shoes. Just clip them on where you slip your foot into the shoe. You now have a pair of glamorous shoes that would ordinarily be plain. You can get clip on earrings at a lot of garage sales.

By chef4u from Sylvania, OH

Top Comment

Great idea. They can be pretty too on collars, clutch purses and more. Sometimes, when one is missing, I pry off the back and hot glue or E6000 glue on a magnet or pin back. Once something, now something new!

I had seen these bling shoes at the local children's boutiques, but could not stomach the $100 price tag that they went for so I figured out how to make them myself.

These are the shoes like the ones that Nicole Richie has for her little girl. You can use the expensive crystals that really shine but for a 4 year old the cheap jean star ones at Hobby Lobby are just fine. I have posted a tutorial on my blog. Trailsofafrazzledmom.blogspot.com

My daughter will not take them off for less than 20 bucks she looks like a movie stars kid!

By Anna from AR

Instead of spending more money on a perfect pair of dressy shoes, use "a Krylon copper leafing pen to cover basic black heels in a shimmering layer of paint. Since it's a pen and not a brush, no time is lost taping the inside or even cleaning up."

For directions, go to:

Note: You may have to touch them up after wearing, but who wears those sorts of shoes every day?

And don't ask me why Krylon chose a pair of Steve Madden designer shoes to paint, either!

By pamphyila from L.A., CA

This is a guide about decorating flip flops. Flip flops are the perfect palette for expressing yourself and your style.

Blue beaded flip flops on woman's feet.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

You can customize any baby doll style shoes for your little ones. Just use a glue stick to stick the flowers and the beads on the shoe. The beads are optional if you want another design for your shoe.

Total Time: 20 minutes

This is a guide about making glitter high heel shoes. Glam up a pair of plain or older shoes by applying a coating of glitter.

Making Glitter High Heel Shoes

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This guide is about painting sneakers. To give extended life or a new look to your shoes, you may be able to paint them.

colorful paints

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes