Painting Sneakers

Category Shoes
To give extended life or a new look to your shoes, you may be able to paint them. This guide is about painting sneakers.

Can sneakers be painted and still be worn, and if so, what type of paint? The mules I love, one yellow and one white pair have uppers which are made from a heavy fabric. I'm rough on them with all the gardening I do. I'm sorry I did not keep them for good.

I have foot problems and these are perfect for me. I've washed them by hand and by machine and I still cannot get them clean enough to wear out. So I figure there might be some kind of paint one can use on heavy fabric. Any suggestions at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Answers

If you want to keep them white, put them in a pillow case (with a safety pin to keep it closed) and wash them in the machine with a little bit of bleach. Let them dry in the sun/air dry. When they are dry, paint them with white shoe polish and put new white laces. They look brand new but have the comfort of worn shoes. You can also use acylic paint.

Acrylic craft paint will work.

Wash in the machine and allow to air dry. You could use any fabric/craft paint on them. It would be fun to paint on designs or stamp or stencil them. Have fun with them, and create a work of wearable art!