Browsing: Decorating a Truck for a Christmas Parade

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Decorating a Truck for a Christmas Parade

Christmas parades sometimes will include a contest for the best decorated vehicle. This is a guide about decorating a truck for a Christmas parade.

Christmas Truck

November 3, 2005 Flag

We have a 1952 Ford F-1 truck which is entered in our Christmas Parade. The theme is "Christmas Greetings". I need ideas for decorating the truck including the bed. I have to be very careful not to damage the finish so I'm quite limited! Thanks!

Bonnie from Clayton, GA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would suggest christmas bows and ribbons, some garlends, if the parade is at night you could put up some battery powerd christmas lights, you could put a small christmas tree in the bed (fake or potted) you could decorate the tree just a little and it would come of very christmasy!

If you can use audio make a tape of someone saying Merry Christmas in different languages and play it as you drive along. If audio is not allowed decorate a tree with the phrase Merry Christmas in different languages.

How about some snow? I would line the bed of the truck with the rolls of the "snow" blanket (let it hang over the side a little) you can get at the craft store and then you will not only have a base for your decorations, but it would also protect the truck. You could even made a wooden platform if you wanted the tree, etc. to be more visible. I would then go "retro" with a silver tree with the lights that go around shining on it and play 50's Christmas music. Around the tree, I would continue a 50's malt shop theme with maybe a coca cola table (if there is room), a malt shop"counter" (against the cab of the truck) and kids in 50's winter clothing sitting around listening to the rock n' roll Christmas music either on stools at the "counter" or at the table,sipping Cokes or malts. I would also put neon red and green lights under the truck (if it would be ok with the owner). It could be as extravagant or as inexpensive as you want. Good luck!

Trying to find something to use to decorate my Yamaha Rhino for Christmas Parade. Would like to make the Rhino a Reindeer pulling Santa's Sleigh(my trailer) Can you please help me find something?

Read More Answers...
Holidays and Parties Parties Outdoor ParadesJune 6, 2013
Man Troubleshooting a Truck That Won't Start
Troubleshooting a Truck That Won't Start
Two people watching a St Patrick's Day parade.
St Patrick's Day Parade Float Ideas
Motorcycle Parade
Motorcycle Parade Ideas
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 11:47:27 PM on 10.0.2.26 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.