Developing Old Film

I have 100 year old negatives and they are fading fast. I have tried many places to get them developed, but no one will do it around here. I have tried Walmart, a photo shop, and even a tech school. I would like to know how to do it on my computer if possible, but don't have any idea how. Any ideas?

Deb from Carlisle, PA

Answers:

Developing Old Film

What about posting a wanted on Craig's list (12/11/2008)

By BABBIE

Developing Old Film

Check with any local museums! (12/11/2008)

By Leslie

Developing Old Film

If you go to Bed, Bath and Beyond home page there is a Vupoint Solutions Slide and Negative Converter on the third row, second picture, or just do a search. I used it to archive old negatives and it was extremely easy and great results. Only $99, use a coupon. (12/12/2008)

By Rosebud

Developing Old Film

If you have old negatives and a computer scanner you can scan the negative as a picture. Then you can go under black and white photo and invert the colors. I had to play with the grayscale and such, but I have changed quite a few old negatives into photo quality since it is under black and white and grayscale. It may seem a bit odd at first, but experiment and you can get some decent pictures. I had a huge negative of my uncle's confirmation class, it was an 8 by 10m and it came out very nicely. I have discovered a couple of pictures of my mother as a child and she passed away at 92. I was thrilled with the outcome. (04/23/2010)

By var4

Developing Old Film
White Film on Dishes
Removing White Film From Dishes
Film Canister
Uses for Film Canisters
Apple shaped and stemmed glass dishes after cleaning.
Removing Cloudy Film on Glass
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
🎄