Developing Old Film

This is a guide about developing old film. In the age of digital photography, it is getting hard to find places that will develop film. Here is some information that may be helpful if you are looking to develop old film.

I have some old negatives that I would like to get developed and I can't find any place that does that anymore. Does anyone know of a place I can send them? Thanks so much.

By Jan from Springfield, MN

Answers

Best Answer

I took 2 rolls of film to Walgreens within the past 6-8 months and they were able to be developed.

I've used York (MCW posted their link below) and also Clark Color Labs:

http://www.clar  om/clark/welcome

At the bottom under "Our Services" you can click on "Send in film".

I have 100 year old negatives and they are fading fast. I have tried many places to get them developed, but no one will do it around here. I have tried Walmart, a photo shop, and even a tech school. I would like to know how to do it on my computer if possible, but don't have any idea how. Any ideas?

Deb from Carlisle, PA

Answers:

Developing Old Film

What about posting a wanted on Craig's list (12/11/2008)

By Babette

Developing Old Film

Check with any local museums! (12/11/2008)

By Leslie

Developing Old Film

If you go to Bed, Bath and Beyond home page there is a Vupoint Solutions Slide and Negative Converter on the third row, second picture, or just do a search. I used it to archive old negatives and it was extremely easy and great results. Only $99, use a coupon. (12/12/2008)

By Rosebud

Developing Old Film

If you have old negatives and a computer scanner you can scan the negative as a picture. Then you can go under black and white photo and invert the colors. I had to play with the grayscale and such, but I have changed quite a few old negatives into photo quality since it is under black and white and grayscale. It may seem a bit odd at first, but experiment and you can get some decent pictures. I had a huge negative of my uncle's confirmation class, it was an 8 by 10m and it came out very nicely. I have discovered a couple of pictures of my mother as a child and she passed away at 92. I was thrilled with the outcome. (04/23/2010)

By Jackie

I am looking for a source to have old black & white negatives developed into prints. Also, I have a Kodacolor-X (color negative film) CX 135-20 Film, that I would like to have developed but can't find a place where they will develop it. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Anna from Maine

Answers:

Developing Old Film

Hi. Try Walmart, or you can buy an attachment for a scanner that will print negatives. Hope this helps you. (06/04/2005)

By wan

Developing Old Film

Contact your local community college and see if they have photography classes. They should have a dark room and might process your film as part of a lesson. (06/04/2005)

By Pampredchefdeb

Developing Old Film

I didn't think it was possible, but I took some negatives that were at least 50 years old to my local Walmart and they did a great job on them.

It took over 2 weeks to get them back, but it was well worth it. Good Luck (06/05/2005)

By Leann

Developing Old Film

Anna, I think I can help you with the development of negatives. I cannot do the film. You can email me at mbtanner7 AT yahoo.com (remove spaces) if you still need the service. (01/24/2006)

By MBTanner

Developing Old Film

Hello. My company specializes in this type of work. All film is developed in an age compensating developer, scanned to digital, contrast corrected, color corrected (when applicable), degrained, sharpened and spotted. Prints are then made from the corrected digital files. You will receive back negatives, prints and cd-r and will not be charged if there is no image on your film. All the best, Film Rescue International. (05/09/2007)