Developing Old Film

I have 100 year old negatives and they are fading fast. I have tried many places to get them developed, but no one will do it around here. I have tried Walmart, a photo shop, and even a tech school. I would like to know how to do it on my computer if possible, but don't have any idea how. Any ideas?

Deb from Carlisle, PA

Answers:

Developing Old Film

What about posting a wanted on Craig's list (12/11/2008)

By BABBIE

Developing Old Film

Check with any local museums! (12/11/2008)

By Leslie

Developing Old Film

If you go to Bed, Bath and Beyond home page there is a Vupoint Solutions Slide and Negative Converter on the third row, second picture, or just do a search. I used it to archive old negatives and it was extremely easy and great results. Only $99, use a coupon. (12/12/2008)

By Rosebud

Developing Old Film

If you have old negatives and a computer scanner you can scan the negative as a picture. Then you can go under black and white photo and invert the colors. I had to play with the grayscale and such, but I have changed quite a few old negatives into photo quality since it is under black and white and grayscale. It may seem a bit odd at first, but experiment and you can get some decent pictures. I had a huge negative of my uncle's confirmation class, it was an 8 by 10m and it came out very nicely. I have discovered a couple of pictures of my mother as a child and she passed away at 92. I was thrilled with the outcome. (04/23/2010)

By var4