Dog Mange Remedies

Could any one please give me a home remedy for the mange?

Tina from Georgia

Answers:

Dog Mange Remedies

I adopted a dog that someone threw out that had mange. I bought liquid castille soap and added some tea tree oil to it. It didn't cost too much, soothed the dog's skin, and got rid of the mange. You have to be extra careful not to get it the dog's eyes. I also used this on another dog that had hot spots and a third that had allergies. I was always surprised at how the animals would stand still for me to rub it in when I was shampooing them. They seemed to hate other treatments that I tried. Anyway, my point is that it works for a multitude of things, is cheap, and can be kept forever until it's used up.

PS: This works great for people with dandruff too. (07/06/2006)

By susanmajp

Warning About Petroleum Based Products

Just a quick heads up about using petroleum-based products (like the motor oil suggestion and also things like dish soap) can cause liver failure in domestic animals - so if your dog is a "licker" - might want to bypass that one. (07/20/2006)

By Raini

Dog Mange Remedies

Take the dog to the vet. Mange is from dirty conditions and gets really bad. Can get in the eyes and all. Needs ivermection from the vet. If not taken care of will need IV treatment. VET (10/16/2006)

By valery

Remedies for Dog Mange
Remedies for Dog Mange
Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears
Dog With Constipation
Remedies for a Dog With Constipation
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
🎉
🎄