Remedies for Dog Mange

Category Health
Before trying any home remedy for mange, it's important to check with your veterinarian. This guide contains remedies for mange.

I had a litter of puppies that got puppy mange. I tried everything to get rid of it and nothing worked. So I tried hibbi scrub which worked a treat. It cleared the mange up in 2 weeks. You just fill your bath up, pop a bit in, and bathe the puppies 2-3 times a week. It's very cheap too. I also have a Pointer that gets skin problems every so often, so I do the same with her. A quick bath and it's all cleared up again.

By Becky

Editor's Note: Chlorhexadine is the active ingredient in Hibbi Scrub and other skin cleaners.

Borax laundry soap! It can be found at Wal-Mart in the laundry aisle for less then $4. It's a multi purpose cleaning agent. Works wonders. This is only a topical remedy.

Please note: DO NOT USE BORIC ACID. It will kill your dog! Please do not use this! It's used to bait and kill roaches and other pests. I can understand how this can be confusing. Most people have never heard of borax even though its been around since 1891.

This home remedy is cheap and easy to do. I have treated my dogs as well as with this method. It will work as long as you keep up with it.

Good luck!

• 1 cup hydrogen peroxide
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1/4 cup borax*

*Add BORAX until it will not dilute any longer in solution. It does not take a lot. Solution should have a dark milky look.

1. Mix solution well in a bowl. Apply generously with wash cloth to infected areas.
  2. Do not rinse off, let solution dry. Try to refrain your dog from licking until completely dry.

DO NOT use near "eyes". It will burn your pet's eyes.
  3. This needs to be applied every other or third day, depending on the severity of your dog condition, for six to eight weeks. If you do not treat every other day or the mange isn't completely gone, it "will" come back and spread.

This will dry your dog's skin out. If you feel your pet is still uncomfortable, use plain olive oil to moisturize your pet's skin.

Children's Benadryl helps your dog with the itching, scratching and chewing but do NOT give to your pet everyday!

Another thing to try as well as using the borax solution is vitamins such as fish oils, vitamin C, E, etc. Mange is a immune deficiency problem. Your pet's immune system may not be strong enough to fight the nasty little mites off.

I have a four month old Chow and Akita mix. I've had her since she was 12 weeks old. I luv her to death. I've tried everything, even vet trips it clear up the mange and then it comes back. When she was younger she was around a dog with mange.

I rescued her from the previous owner, who had a dog who had a litter of five that they let run in the road. I am an animal lover, hard core, so I took all the puppies, all five, in and bathed them, wormed them, and found them all homes.

It wasn't till Nikita was 3 months old, that I noticed her hair was starting to fall out. I changed her diet, shampoo, and would wash her bedding once or twice depending on the type of day, but I'd say it is getting worse.

She's had all her shots except rabies which she won't get till she's six months. I've taken her to the vet and they assumed it was an allergy, so I changed her food again to Puppy Chow.

It's just getting worse, now she's missing hair on her feet, face, tail, chest, etc. I went to my local farm store called Gliders in Griffin Vanceboro they gave me Bannix to try. I saw some improvement. Her hair started growing back, but then after a week it stopped so I decided to go back and they gave me this yellowish mange shampoo for sarcoptic mange and I have gone through two bottles. I see her hair growing back, but I'm looking into home remedies because I either have that crazy amount of money to pay it their treatments aren't going to work.

I had called the pound to see what they would do and they told me they would come get her, but they would only keep her for 4 days then put her down. I said a few choice words after bursting in to tears and decided against it. I love her so much she's like my kid. I can't and won't, so please can anybody help me with any advice. I am willing to try. I just want her better. Thanks.

By Tiffany from Grifton

Answers

Here is a link to a holistic vet's website. http://healthyp … in-pet-dogs.aspx

You will have to sign up to view the advice on this site, but it's free. I have followed Dr. Karen Becker's advice repeatedly concerning my pets and they are healthier now than then have ever been. She had another article posted, but I only sent the link to one. You can also search any other health issues your babies may be having. Dr. Becker also posts very helpful videos. Best of luck treating your puppy!

So sorry to hear of this on-going problem. I seriously suggest you ask for Veterinary opinion from another practice. Good luck.

Are there any home remedies for genetic mange? A friend's dog has it pretty bad and they may have to put it down. They bought the puppy from a pet and garden store and he had no signs of it then, but now he does and it's pretty bad.

By CHERRIE

How do I cure dog mange?

By Tracy from Murray, KY

Answers

I have used Nustock and it works! I have used it on my horse and soon my dog, My horse fell and slid on concrete and skinned up her hip very bad, The area was about as big as a dollar bill, I used a purple spray at first, but then bought some Nustock, and It cleared it up and I had complete hair growth back!

I tried it on some old scars and hair started to grow there also. I recommend it! I just rescued a dog that has mange and I plan on using Nustock because it works! Thank you to everyone else recommending it, They all know how well it works!

If you have tried happy Jack from the feed store and that didn't work then ask the vet for a bottle of Paramite dip. it isn't real expensive and depending on whether it is premixed or not how much u use at a time. I get the one not premixed,and it takes 1 teaspoon to a gallon of warm water....drench pet let air dry. Smells for about an hour but worth it. If it is a mite and not mange it will go away. This will also kill maggots in an open wound fast.

If it doesn't clear up quickly, be sure to see you Vet. If allowed to go on, mange can become incurable.

Dog mange isn't something that can be cured/controlled with home remedies. Only the vet can give you the kind of treatment/medicine your dog needs.

Dog mange is highly contagious ( to other dogs ) and only professional veterinary treatment can relieve the problem that your dog is entitled to and you as owner are expected to give. Good luck.

It is not accurate to say that the only cure of mange is found at the vet. I do love my wonderful vet but love my dog even more. The medications vets use contain pesticides which are toxic to your pet.

When my dog got mange, I searched the net and tried various home remedies without much success. Finally a friend recommended the FloraPet Naturals mange treatment, which is natural and non-toxic. It stopped the growth of the patches of affected area right away and within a week I could see new hair growth from the bare spots.

My dog is cured now and I am so relieved! If you want to see your pet recover soon, give this product a try. Their site is www.florapetnaturals.com.

@farstar, demodectic mange, also known as red mange, is not contagious to other dogs. You are thinking of sarcoptic mange, which is, to both animals and humans. If the dog owner hasn't gotten mange from the dog, odds are it is demodectic.

@lizzyanny, demodectic mange is not curable at all, only controllable, no matter how early you catch it. The weekly shot a vet would give the dog would only help to reduce the amount of mange mites there are in the hair follicle, not kill them off completely.

You can cure dog mange with sulfur which you can get from the drug store for about 6 bucks. Mix it with lard and rub it on the dog!

I can not afford the vet, but love my dog. He definitely has mites. I have taken him twice to a vet. They tell me they think it's this, but will not treat without a KOH test. They've had him on over a month's worth of antibiotics. Is there really nothing I can do to help my Bubbie? We are poor. Going back to the vet is out of the question. I wish it were not so, but can any vet out there help me?

By Kristin

Can I use bleach or diluted bleach on dogs to get rid of red mange?

How do I get rid of mange on my dog, by doing it the home remedy way?

By Tiffany W.

Answers

There is absolutely NO safe home remedy for mange. Demodectic mange (non-contagious) nor Sarcoptic mange (highly contagious) can be distinguished without a skin test. Both are caused by mites that cause an infection on the skin which akin to being burned. Do not pour motor oil on your animal! This is an old country "remedy" that makes the infection worse and can easily be fatal. You need a bathing dip from your vet and antibiotics.

You definitely need to take your dog to the vet, ASAP. Your dog is suffering and he needs to start treatment like yesterday.

What kind of borax should I use in Ted's dog mange remedy? Is it OK if I use borax flux, the one that is being used in welding.

By Noel

Answers

Anonymous

I have a feeling this might be a 'let's mess with people' question but in case it isn't and you want to try the correspondent, Ted from Bankok, remedy then use the 20 Mule Team Laundry Powder that you can find in just about every single grocery store in the laundry isle. I know borax is used for welding but I have no clue if that borax is the same or might have unsafe additives that might harm your pet so why risk it?

Borax is poisonous and should not be used around pets. After all, it's used to kill fleas and roaches. Please see a vet or go online to Drs Foster and Smith, Petco or Petsmart and get something that is safe to use on your pet.

I have a 6 month old boxer that's just been diagnosed with demodectic mange. He's on invert. per vet once a day (for a while)I've changed his diet from Nutro lg. breed puppy chow to Nature's Variety (frozen raw & freeze dried kibble) no grain or pot. With this I add a raw egg and a tablespoon of salmon oil. This is all in the attempts to boost his immune system. He isn't itching or bitting himself. Just losing his hair mostly on his face/head. There are a couple of places on his body but mostly it's on his head (AROUND HIS EYES). I'm looking to treat his skin with something that isn't going to hurt his eyes. Can anyone help?

Susan from SC

Answers

My dog has this type mange also. The vet put her on Ivomec (a cattle wormer) This cleared her up and we have kept it under control with just a dose every month or two unless she has a flare up. Since she is on Ivomec we do not have to give her the heart worm meds. The vet said this would also prevent heart worms. She is now 12 years old and doing great - just a little arthritis.

My Mom used to swear by Watkins Salve, which is still available. It is called petro-carbo salve, it's brown and consistency of thick Vaseline. We used it on a dog with mange, not sure which kind of mange.

Mom used it on everything from splinters to infections and considered it a miracle drug. I don't think it would get in the dog's eyes and might help soothe the area.

I am a veterinarian. The only safe thing you can put around your pet's eyes is simple neosporin (no cortisone). This will not kill the mites. A separate product is needed for that. Please do not put anything else on your pet's skin w/o asking a veterinarian. People on these sites mean well, but I can't tell you how many times I've treated chemical burns on poor animals whose owner read it online! Good luck

I would like to know how to get rid of mange on my dog because she just had puppies?

By Shay

Answers

Talk to your Veterinarian there are no "quick fix" remedy for this. The pups will contact this and everything the Mother and pups came in contact with will be contaminated. This can still be in your Lawn area for several years so bringing another Dog on to the property is out of the question. Where did you get the Mother from and how long have you had her. Please in the best interest of the aninals phone your Vet ASAP and good luck.

How sad. Demadex mange in mother means all pups are born with it. Sarcoptic mange is very contagious. Vet needs to treat all. If you cannot afford, contact animal groups in your area for suggestions on help. Was this mother dog given to you? Dumped? Where did you get her? No doubt you will have to go to immune build up diet, supplements and meds. No vaccines or you will never get rid of the mange. Vets that are in the know never vaccinate dogs with mange.

Regarding the tip on treating dog mange with borax and peroxide mix, how long are you suppose to leave the mix on before giving the dog a bath?

By Candace from Houston, TX

Answers

The following link says you wash the dog with the mix, but do not rinse. (I haven't tried it so I can't tell you if it works.)
http://www.eart … _mange_cure.html

Hello,
Please take your fur-baby to the Veterinarian for an exam. Your Vet will take a skin scraping to determine which type of mange your dog has, if it is mange. Your Vet will also prescribe a medication for you. Having mange is very painful for your pet. Good luck

Can I use Oxiclean for treatment of demodactic mange? The ingredients are sodium perborate and sodium percarbate.

Answers

Anonymous

I think you need to talk to a vet about this !!! Some chemicals can cause nerve damage !!!

I don't have an answer for you, but try www.earthclinic.com they are a great website for alternative methods. They have a section for pets and I think mange as well. Best wishes for a quick and lasting solution.

I am wanting to use the borax, peroxide, and water solution. Do I just rub the solution on the spots where she has lost hair? And how long do I leave it on her? Any advice can help. She is a beautiful Pom and she is losing hair around her neck, her side, and her bottom end. Will her hair come back? Thank you.

My puppy was just dipped last night for treatment of sarcoptic mange. I was also given antibiotics and Revolution. How long do I have to wait to bathe her? And when is it safe to hold her again?

By Josie L

How do I get rid of dog mange?

By Betty

Answers

There are different types of mange -- here is a good link that explains the types:
http://www.petw … Mange/Types.aspx

Sorry to say, but I think your dog needs to see a vet to determine what type he/she has and the best way to treat it. One of these types is contagious to humans so you probably don't want to wait too long before seeking help. Good luck!!

Is there a home remedy for dog mange?

Jody from Topeka, KS

Answers:

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

Castor Oil is a miracle cure! My chow had mange really bad. We poured the oil all over him and soon the mange was gone. Then we sprayed down the infected ground with bleach and water to keep him or any other dog from getting it again. He never got the mange again. It's way cheaper than going to the vet. I have a beagle puppy that just got it and we're doing the same to him. It's been a month and he's stopped scratching and is healing. (01/09/2008)

By Erica

Remedy for Dog Mange

Neem oil works wonders. The company Organix has an organic neem dog shampoo that works. (01/11/2008)

By Jamie

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

I have a pit bull mixed with German Shepard and when I took her my vet, he told us that she had the demodeptic mange. She had it terrible and all of her hair fell off, and she was bleeding on her face and legs. The vet gave us a dip and antibiotics, which was very expensive and didn't help at all. We finally got a mange medication originally for horses. It's called "Happy Jack". You can order it off the internet and you leave it on the dog for three days, and their hair and skin is back to normal. (01/13/2008)

By paige

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

This works for cats or dogs; slather on Vaseline. It smothers the bugs. Keep it on for a couple of days, it always works for mine. Just found a cat covered in mange in the wal mart parking lot. Covered her with Vaseline and laid her in front of a space heater to keep her warm. Has been sleeping peacefully for hours. Couldn't be still before that.
(01/18/2008)

By betty

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

Vagisil or Preparation H will help with the itch. Prep H is oily like Vaseline, so I'd use it. (01/18/2008)

By betty

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

I found a beautiful Maltese on the streets and he was completely covered in mange. Half of his body had no hair, the other half had patches of hair, his skin was red, he was so weak he could hardly walk and he had sores on his paws. So I took him to the vet and they gave him a shot for the mange, the vet instructed me to shower him with a hypoallergenic shampoo, he gave a capsule that contained vitamins which I give to him every day, and after each shower I completely dry the dog and then I applied petroleum jelly on his body.

It's been a week since I started the treatment and the results are amazing his skin is so much better, his hair is growing, and he hardly scratches anymore. Try this, it has really worked for me. Good luck :) (03/01/2008)

By Yaimara

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

If you already use a monthly flea/ tick skin treatment, try switching to Revolution. It treats fleas, ticks, heart worm, and mange/ mites all in one. I have multiple first and second hand experiences with it. But it seems that many vets will not prescribe it and will not give a reason when asked. Don't know, maybe advantage or whatever gives them more money. Maybe not. I know some of the possible side effects sound bad, but in at least a dozen instances that I know of, only positive results were achieved. (04/25/2008)

By jay

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

Listen, if you need something to cure mange, use oil. Just rub it all over your dog's body. In a couple of days, the mange will be gone completely. It will also kill fleas and ticks. Good luck! (05/04/2008)

By bobbi joe

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

Try Mayonnaise. My daughter had several bouts with head lice as a child and covering her head in mayonnaise for an hour did the trick every time! We wrapped her head in plastic wrap and then washed it well with sulfur shampoo when finished. It usually only took one treatment. Non-toxic. (05/12/2008)

By Lynda

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

(sent in by email)

This is a miracle cure for mange! After many expensive vet visits and meds, we tried an old remedy passed down from my grandparents that literally saved our dog - that the vet wanted to eventually put to sleep! We had tried everything and figured we had nothing to loose. We're glad we did!

The approximate measurements are 1 bottle of 500 of 3% H2O2, plus 1000 of the cc of water, plus heaping 3 tablespoons of borax. Stir until most of borax is dissolved. The borax is past the point of saturation here so you will see some borax around. Technically the concentration is around 1.5% H2O2, and this is a bit stronger because by the time we finish with it, the H2O2 gets reacted with other things, and by the time we used it, it usually ends up near a 1% solution anyway.

You need to put enough borax in it until it no longer dissolves in a pail of water and forms a precipitate. This is a saturated solution of borax. Add H2O2 (peroxide), to about 1% concentration to a pail of water. Soak the entire dog, several times. Keeping the dog wet for some time. The borax will destroy the eggs from laying under the skin which causes the mange. Get some solution and spray or use this to wipe all floors so the dog will not get re infected. Repeat this every week when bathing. This is not a perfect cure, but now my dog no longer has mange. My dog was completely cured. You can try other chemicals such as sodium perborate, which is more convenient since you don't need to add the hydrogen peroxide.

The solution (borax or preferably sodium perborate) is to be applied AFTER the shampooing and rinsing. The sodium perborate should remain on the dog after the bath. You will not rinse this at all. It must remain on the dog throughout the day so that it will act continuously on the bugs.

However, I do recommend a less toxic form of borax, which is sodium perborate if you can find one. The secret is that borax (plus hydrogen peroxide) will work better than most other remedies I have tried, this includes mineral oil, neem oil (no, neem oil does not kill the mange as effectively as sodium perborate, I have tried it). Trying this in "mange colonies" we've found that commercial brands to kill insects don't work. Hydrogen peroxide does not kill mange, I used it simply as a catalyst for ordinary borax in case you cannot obtain sodium perborate. Mineral oils simply prevent oxygen from reaching mange, and that didn't stop it either. I have tried naptha, bentonite clays, DMSO, potassium permanganate, light fluid, etc. They all worked temporarily, and it just came back. I must make a strong statement that the formula (borax+h2o2 or sodium perborate) works bests and it is broad spectrum. You can use it to control mange, mites, fleas, and lyme disease (initiated by those crawly insects). I have actually compared side to side with neem oil, mineral oil, apple cider vinegar and others, and this is the most wide spectrum cure I have found. Borax prevents denaturation of DNA/RNA in dogs and I currently use this as life extension for dogs. For example a ribose sugar, deoxyribose sugar, and various sugar that causes accelerated aging in dogs can be slowed down with supplementation of dogs indirectly when you do the borax wash.

I also found that adding a pinch of borax to the dogs drinking water will cause fleas to dry up and die at the same time! The borax modifies the dog's blood, and kills the mange from the inside out. This is why borax, i.e., sodium perborate, is required for mange, but not anything else due to preventive re-infection of the mange by the powder of the borax that destroys the eggs where the dog sleeps and where it walks around throughout the house. This is a cheap and effective remedy - and when you've tried everything else, and are at your wits end... give it a try, and let me know what you think! Good luck to you and your pet!

vickiel01 (05/29/2008)

By ThriftyFun

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

(submitted via email)

This sounds confusing to me. My dog was treated with Ivermectin orally for several months (we have the noncontagious type...demodex?) and it seemed to work beautifully and we had 2 negative skin scrapes and I was ecstatic. No more medicine and now, I am not sure, have an appointment Monday, but she has been scratching in those areas again and I think I am seeing some thinning hair. We will see. I just hate having to go through this again. Is this completely, 100% safe? I will ask my vet about it also. Thanks, Danette. (06/09/2008)

By jess

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

(submitted via email)

Hello, read your advice on treating mange with borax and hydrogen peroxide. We live in the country and someone dumped a puppy off at our drive. We took it in to try to find it a home. Alas, within 1 week sarcoptic mange appeared. $50 later at Vet who says $20. Dips and $9.50 scraping needs to be done 4-6 more times! Yikes, we just wanted to keep this little pup safe and fed while we try to find it a good home. Will try your remedy. How many times per week do you recommend we use your treatment? Pup is 2.13 lbs and maybe 5-6 weeks old. Thanks so much, Sarah

Sarah (06/10/2008)

By jess

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

(submitted via email)

Can you please tell me where I buy the measuring cup you indicate?:
1 bottle of 500 of 3% H202 (peroxide) plus
1000 cc of water plus 3 tablespoon of borax.

I am desperate to get a cure for my two dachshunds. Thank you, Grace.

Editor's Note:

500 cc = 1 pint or 16 ounces.
1000 cc = 1 quart or 32 ounces.

(06/24/2008)

By jess

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

(submitted via email)

I've seen where you gave your dog Ivermectin, I gave this to mine and it got sick the very first night. Carried it to the vet the next day and it had heart damage as enlarged heart and fluid on its lungs. Was playing active and everything before I gave it and for 5 hours after. It did have heart worms and was a very low dose. My dog died 7 days later, Do you know if the Ivermectin caused this? Please let me know your opinion, I feel very bad. Thanks, Syble. (07/03/2008)

By jess

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

If your dog is a collie or collie mix, border collies included, of course, do not use Ivermectin. It can kill them, or at very least make them sick and cause convulsions. I have a border collie Aussie mix and she threw up several times after taking Ivermectin. I was unaware of the precaution at the time. We were very lucky that is all she experienced. I dose my other dogs with pramectina (Ivermectin) every other month and it has caused no side effects. I use Drontal for my two dogs that are collie mixes. (08/06/2008)

By Daisysaysso

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

To get rid of my puppies mange I took them to the Bay. Something about the salt water cures the mange up in a few days. Its cheaper then going to the vet who wanted $150.00 to cure my dog, and they love playing in the water too. (11/05/2008)

By Christina

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

I have been using the borax and peroxide method that has been posted here and noticed a dramatic improvement after the very first treatment. I would highly recommend it as the best method for treating dog mange. My dog is very old and I was fearful of the vet prescribing any drugs as sometimes the treatment can be worse than the disease. On another note, the treatment described using bleach should be avoided at all costs. Bleach is a highly toxic substance and can endanger your dog's life. Not worth it when there is a milder treatment like Borax that works fantastically. Good Luck. (12/17/2008)

By gigi

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

2 cups (16 oz.) hydrogen peroxide 3%
4 cups (32 oz.) water
8 tablespoons or so of Borax powder

Combine them all in a bucket and stir it up until the Borax is completely dissolved. I use pretty warm, even hot water so that it is still warm after adding the room temperature peroxide and mixing it for a while. Pour it over the dog into the washtub with the plug in the drain, and then use an old washcloth to soak him all over with the solution in the washtub (I make sure the red areas are real soaked with it).

Don't rinse it off. It would probably be okay to towel dry a little, maybe blow dry first if you can. As long as the solution stays on the skin so it can keep working. Use old towels and maybe wear an old shirt so the peroxide won't take the color out.

I did this every couple of days at first until he started clearing up, and I'm going to keep doing it every couple weeks in hopes that it won't come back. It's very easy and so cheap. Hopefully it will help. (01/25/2009)

By wacky camper

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

It's so wonderful to read about these home remedies. I have not tried any of them yet, but have spent well over a thousand dollars on vet bills and doctor bills for my sheltie and family to get rid of these mites, to no avail. It's been a nightmare. Hopefully one of these suggestions will work not only for my dog but us as well. (02/13/2009)

By christie

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

Ivomec formula for scabies in dogs. Use pour on Ivomec for cattle. For dogs 14 to 30 lbs. use 1 cc/ml and start at tail base (use a syringe) and make a line all the way to the head. You can add 1 cc/ml of rubbing alcohol to stretch it out. For small breeds, mix 1 part Ivomec (pour on) to 5 parts alcohol.

Use a syringe and use 3/10 cc/ml for every 1 pound of body weight and make a line from tail base to head. If you are unsure, you can dilute solution more like 1 part Ivomec to 6 parts alcohol to see how the dog handles it, if it goes good, then use prescribed dose. Do this 1x every 14 days for 3 to 4 doses. For larger dogs try 1 1/2 cc/ml Ivomec with 1 1/2 cc/ml alcohol.

This formula was given to me under veterinarian's advice. Also for ear mites, you can put 1 small drop in each ear. All warnings as to breed of dog and side effects still apply. Also I would not use the oral Ivomec for heart worms at the same time, but the topical treatment should keep the mosquitoes off as well, which are the main cause for heart worm anyway. This is what I do. It is up to you to make your own choice as to whether you want to try this. Hope it helps. (02/19/2009)

By lotsadogs

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

My dobe has been currently diagnosed with dermotic mange. I took him to the vet last week and she gave me promeris to use on his affected areas. It has been a week now and I can already see a difference. His skin is looking normal and has some new hair growth. It is known to kill dermotic mange as well as fleas and ticks. I am glad I took him to the vet. At first I thought it was just skin irritation or change in food. Do waste time with any skin problems with your pets, it can get worse before you know it. (02/24/2009)

By dobe mom

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

I have effectively used borax and peroxide - I foster puppies for my rescue group. This is just two weeks after use. The first picture is before, and the others are two weeks after use. (02/27/2009)

By Rottie lover

RE: Home Remedy for Dog Mange

I am looking for a cure for both types of mange for my Shar Pei dogs.

I have a 13 month old dog. She is a German Shepherd/Dalmatian and she has mange. The bottom part of her back has lost its hair and she is constantly biting and itching at that area.

I need a home remedy (if any) for dog mange, please. Thank you.

I need a home remedy to get rid of mange.

I am looking for a homemade remedy for dog mange.

Change your pet's diet, if possible, to include cow liver every day or other meat, liver is best. Make sure they get no starch food.

I am looking for home remedies for dog mange.

I would like an inexpensive home remedy for canine mange. My sister has an outside dog that has mange.

This is a picture of my new dog. I have been told he has d- mange. I have done everything the vet said. I have tried the borax mixture and he isn't getting any better.

Load More