Treating a Dog with Mites

I can not afford the vet, but love my dog. He definitely has mites. I have taken him twice to a vet. They tell me they think it's this, but will not treat without a KOH test. They've had him on over a month's worth of antibiotics. Is there really nothing I can do to help my Bubbie? We are poor. Going back to the vet is out of the question. I wish it were not so, but can any vet out there help me?

By Kristin

Check out the doctors Foster and Smith website. They have good products for mites. Also try Valley Vet supply.

You can buy the Ivermectin at Tractor supply or similar store. They also sell Penicillin there. My vet ran out of Ivermectin and sent me to Tractor Supply telling me what to buy. Ivomec Injection for cattle and dogs 1% Solution. You give .05-1 mg a day BY MOUTH. Start with a lower dosage to see how your dog reacts. Herding dogs should not take this. It had my hairless baby back to normal in three months. Make sure you buy the CORRECT Ivomec, I tried the other one (Ivomec PLUS), and after six months she was still infested with mites. If your dog reacts well, and she is under two, you will probably need to give it to her daily until she is two. Ivomec is not cheap, but it is cheaper than going to the vet for the same meds.