Dog with Itchy Skin

My dog has allergy problems on it's skin from pollen. Any ideas what to use to stop the itch?

Syber from Iowa

Answers:

Dog With Itchy Skin

I used some stuff called Dermapaw on my dog, the vet said he had allergies, but we could never figure out what he was allergic to. Anyway it's like dog Carmex for their feet. I don't know if it was the balm or the socks that came with it, but it worked. The socks have elastic that goes around their back and hold them on. He didn't mind the socks and didn't itch when he had the Dermapaw and socks on. It took a few months, but eventually he grew his hair back. (11/18/2008)

By Karen M.

Dog with Itchy Skin

Check out this website that offers a variety of products targeted at allergies and itchy dogs. The best part is that they guarantee that their products works and they are made from organic natural ingredients.

<a href="http://www.dermagic.com/</a> (02/17/2009)

By Dustin

Dog with Itchy Skin

(submitted via email)

For John with the itchy Akita,

Use only a laundry detergent that is free of dyes and chemicals like Arm and Hammer Free. Do not use dryer sheets. It sounds to me like your dog has a contact allergy, that means some thing it is in contact with is causing the itching. Don't use any chemicals on things your dog touches, you may have to eliminate things, then when your dog is better, start trying things again and see if she gets itchy.
Good Luck.

By Dobermom from Damascus, OR (03/13/2009)

By jess

Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears
A dog itching in the grass.
Relieving Itching for Dogs
Itchy Puppy
Puppy With Itchy Yellow Bumps
A cute beagle sitting on the floor.
My Beagle is Itching
🎄
🍂