Dog with Itchy Skin

I have an eight week old Yorkie, and he weighs about 1 pound. He has dry flaky skin and is constantly itching. Now my husband has what looks like mosquito bites all over him. We took the puppy to the vet and he checked for mites, and he didn't find any and no fleas. Any suggestions?

By Terri from NE

Answers:

Dog with Itchy Skin

Get some of that flea and tick medication. I have 2 Yorkies and they both are 5 years old. Ever since they were puppies they had itchy skin, until I used that stuff on them and now they don't itch anymore. (05/19/2010)

By stephcutlip

Dog with Itchy Skin

Have you checked for bed bugs? They also itch like fleas and dogs can get it, too. (05/20/2010)

By carolenam

Dog with Itchy Skin

Keep your dog away from corn products in food and everything else. This will help and make sure it is getting enough oil in its food for the skin. You can also use mineral oil to clean the ears and maybe use a little on its skin if they have an area where it does not get on your household things, but really keep them away from corn products! (05/20/2010)

By princessdi

Dog with Itchy Skin

Food allergies or have your vet test for Addison's disease. It can be fatal. (05/25/2010)

By sexton68