My Beagle is Itching

I have a 2 year old Beagle. He scratches his ears as soon as he gets up from a sleep or just generally too. We have checked for an ear infection or ear wax, but couldn't find anything.

He does this when he feels very excited or sees us when after long time by shaking the whole body.

Answers

Ask a Vet about this to make sure there isn't a underlying issue with him! It could be something down inside the ear. Have checked if it persist ,he cannot speak for himself!

If the vet gives him a clean bill of health it could just be his go to anxiety or joy coping mechanism. Our boy has a clean bill of health and his go to is rubbing his snout on the carpet. We had him checked for teeth and allergies and his vet said he is good, that his is just his release valve move. The one thing with ears is fungus/yeast infections. Hopefully that will not be the issue and just his release valve! Beagles are awesome! My sister is a beagle :). My mom's favorite child :)

It sounds like you've had his ears looked at by a vet in the past and this isn't something new that has just stated. it seems like this is his way of showing you that he has missed you and he is happy to see you. Just make sure there are no small fleas on his ears and you can check for flea poop. If you are not seeing anything black inside the years like ear mites then this is a habit he has developed on his own to show he is exited to see you.

Answer this Question