Beagle Puppy Excessive Itching?

0
Share
5
Save
Follow
Print

My beagle baby, 10 weeks old has lice when I got her. I have taken her twice to the vet. She has been prescribed shampoo and flea talc. The first day after the bath, she was fine but after 4th day, she is excessively scratching and biting her body. The lice are less as compared to before. But she got no relief from itching. However, while sleeping she is fine. She sleeps soundly and there is no itching But once she wakes it starts aggressively.

I give her drools focus starter dry food, calcium and multi vitamin supplement and nutricoat. I also make sure to deworm every 15 days.

Where am I going wrong? How can I help her?

Bronze Feedback Medal for 2021. 15 Feedbacks

First off, once your pup is 12 weeks old, decrease your worming to once every three months, unless you see symptoms of worms. As far as the recurring lice, read below.....

Why does my dog keep getting lice?
Transmission is usually through direct contact with another infested animal, although they can also be passed on from contaminated bedding, dog collars, or grooming tools. Lice may be a threat wherever dogs congregate, such as dog daycare centers, dog shows, boarding kennels, and parks.

What causes recurring lice?
There are two reasons for a recurrent lice infestation: The lice treatment you used didn't work. You or someone in your family came in contact with lice again.

How do you get rid of lice on puppies?
Shampoo with anti-lice shampoo. Wash your dog's hair with a shampoo containing d-Limonene, a non toxic, citrus shampoo. ...
Manually remove nits. Comb your dog thoroughly with a fine tooth comb or lice comb. Repeat bathing for several days in a row. Clean items and pets. Apply lemon juice.

What kills lice fast?
Wash any possibly lice-infested item in hot water that is at least 130°F (54°C), put it in a hot dryer for 15 minutes or more, or placing the item in an air-tight plastic bag and leaving it for two weeks to kill the lice and any nits. You should also vacuum floors and furniture where lice may have fallen.

And here is a great site for further reading and remedies ------

wagwalking.com/.../lice

I hope this info helps you and your fur baby get rid of the lice problem. Post back with the results.

Anonymous

Does that mean that I should bathe her everyday?

Yes, for several days in a row. Use a mild shampoo, like baby shampoo, to avoid further irritation to the skin. Also, ANY time you bath a dog (or a cat), make SURE you rinse all the shampoo out of their fur, as that can be the basis of many skin dryness problems, and ultimately scratching problems.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

She may have undiagnosed allergies. Consult with your vet before giving her anything

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 140 Posts

I strongly feel that she has allergies to something, also may be what is being used. www.justanswer.com/vet

Pets Dogs HealthJuly 6, 2021
🐛
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Beagle-Puppy-Excessive-Itching.html