Easter Food Ideas

I need a food item for Easter. We have lunch at our church once a month. I need something cutesy with an Easter theme. For Halloween I made the orange slice pumpkins, and for Christmas I made the marshmallow snowmen. They were both great hits. I need another idea now, please help me.

Thanks!
Audrey from Robeline, LA

Answers:

Easter Food Ideas

Why don't you make Jello Easter eggs? You can get the molds when you buy the jello. They are great and make a bunch of different flavors. (03/22/2007)

By Bambibates

Easter Food Ideas

How about an Easter basket cake!

INGREDIENTS:

• 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
  • 1 (16 ounce) can white frosting
  • 2 drops green food coloring
  • 1/2 teaspoon water
  • 2 cups flaked coconut
  • 1 (14 ounce) package candy-coated chocolate pieces

DIRECTIONS:

1. Prepare the cake mix and bake the cake in two 8 inch rounds according to package directions. Cool completely.

2. Cut a circle out of the center of one of the layers, leaving a ring that measures 1 1/2 inches from the outer to the inner edge. Place the uncut layer on a serving platter and frost the top. Place the ring layer on top of the frosted layer, and frost the sides and top of the basket. Decorate the sides and top by pressing candy pieces into the frosting.

3. To tint the coconut, combine water and green food coloring in a medium bowl. Stir in coconut with a fork until evenly tinted. Place green coconut grass in center of cake basket.

4. To make a handle, cut a piece of aluminum foil 8x16 inches. Fold in half lengthwise 4 times. Wrap with ribbon, securing the ends with tape. Insert ends of the handle into the cake top. Fill basket with Easter candy and goodies, if desired. (03/22/2007)

By Adele

Easter Food Ideas

My Mom used to make a 9 in. x 13 in. cake and frosted it with white icing. She tinted her coconut green to use as grass sprinkled over the icing, fairly well covering the white icing. Using speckled jelly beans for Easter eggs, she'd "hide" them in the "grass," behind the "grass" and would take Marshmallow Peeps bunnies and stand them up on the cake, like they were looking for the Easter Eggs. She got great reviews over her cakes, from both the grownups as well as the children. (03/22/2007)

By badwater

Easter Food Ideas

If you are making cake, try a bunny cake. White cake mix, white frosting, coconut flakes, bunny ears from card stock (and decorated), and a pack of snowballs (marshmallow confection covered in coconut), decorative candy (licorice laces, gumdrops or use some creativity).

This is really simple: Bake a round cake, once it cools, cut along center so that it is two half circles. Place cake pieces standing up on flat edges, frost in between and merge together. At this point it looks more like a "sunset on the ocean" but bear with me. Frost the cake completely, sprinkle coconut over entire"body" (the cake). Place one snowball at the bottom of one slope (this is the fluffy tail). Place ears, licorice whiskers, gumdrop nose/eyes on opposite end.
    I hope everyone can understand without a photo, I made this last Easter but didn't take a picture.

P.S. I also mixed extra coconut with a drop of green food coloring and sprinkled grass around the bunny. (03/22/2007)

By Starchild in VT

Easter Food Ideas

Bunny nest cupcakes are fun. Make any cupcakes, frost with green tinted frosting. Tint coconut green by putting a few drops of green coloring into a Ziploc with the coconut and work the color into the shredded coconut. You may want to add a few drops of water. Sprinkle coconut on, or dip cupcakes into coconut, add a few jellybeans in the frosting. Easy to serve and everyone gets their own "nest."

Carrot salad might be "Eastery" too, if you don't want a dessert, since carrots are bunny food! (03/24/2007)

By Linda

Easter Food Ideas

Hey, that reminds me, you can make a "bird's nest" in the "rice crispy treat" style. Use chow mein noodles (they are more like stringy crackers). Do the margarine and marshmallow thing, but instead of pouring into a pan, allow to cool a little, shape into balls, set on wax-paper (or greased sheet) and press down into nest form. Throw some jelly beans in the center and you're done! (03/24/2007)

By Starchild in VT

Easter Food Ideas

Bunny cupcakes. These are great, easy to make and the people love them! The link is:

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50058

If this doesn't work, then type in "bunny cupcakes" into a search and I am sure they will come up. These look so neat and the kids loved them when I made them year after year! (03/26/2007)

By NICOLLE

• Comments

Canape with Egg and Vegetables
    Easter Brunch Ideas
    Easter Centerpiece
    Easter Centerpiece Ideas
    Easter Ideas for Toddlers
    Easter Ideas for Toddlers
    Easter Gift Box With Chocolate Eggs Inside
    Easter Gift Ideas
    Easter Chicken Craft
    Easter Craft Ideas
    🎄