PaintingHome Improvement

Facecloths for Paint Cleanup

Maybe not a new idea, but it happened today, and I immediately thought of my Thrifty pals/buddies. I was painting a small wall in my hallway. I dripped paint onto the floor. All my rags were too wet or too dirty, and I was stuck in a corner.

I grabbed an old facecloth hanging nearby, and gosh, how easy it was to wipe the drips, woodwork, and windows. The facecloth was small enough to stay in my left hand, absorbent to the max, and easy to rinse, wring, and use again. So easy! At one point when I overloaded the brush, I wrapped it around the handle and was able to finish painting, then washed the cloth again.

The size and absorbency and the ease of rinsing is the key for me. I am about to order more cheap facecloths online as they are the answer to a lot of problems (i.e., polishing bathtub and sink, dusting). They're much better than paper towels and ecologically sound.

By joanfry