Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket

Maybe the dog didn't eat your homework, but perhaps he did take out the cord to your electric blanket. Finding a replacement cord or a control for an electric blanket can be difficult. This is a guide about finding replacement cords and controls for an electric blanket.

Electric Blanket
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have an old electric blanket whose cord my dog chewed (of course). I don't know the brand, but I have included a photo of the 2 pronged female plug whose cord I need. Please take a look. I would apprecaite any help available. Thanks.

female end of damaged cord
    AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Do what I have done many times. Take the blanket to your local thrift store and try out the cords. You are sure to find one soon. Good luck!

I a looking for a replacement cord for a Sunbeam heated throw, N85BP.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Many of these are universal. I have never found one that I didn't find at a thrift store. I just took the blanket in and tried the different cords till I found one. Good Luck!

I have a Therapedic heated throw and the controller does not work. Do you know how I can get a replacement controller. The throw is from Bed Bath and Beyond.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Where can I buy a cord replacement for a Cannon electric blanket, 4 prong? TC138A 120v 130 watts, lot no:220514-3B.

By Mike M

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I took the blanket to a thrift store and literally began searching for one with the correct configuration. Then, I plugged it in there to make sure it worked. Just make sure you tell someone what you are doing so they don't think you are taking their blanket.

Good luck!

Read More Answers...

I would like to know if and where I can buy dual controls for my Sunbeam blanket?
        I spent over a hundred dollars for the blanket.

By Cheryl

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

ebay has your cords

Read More Answers...

We have a king size heated blanket and one control just quit. The control says it fits either a twin blanket or 1/2 of this king.

By Fisher

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You will need the brand name to order a new control, and probably the model number as well.

Read More Answers...

Does anyone know where I can find a power supply cord and dial for my Perfect Fit electric blanket?

By Bill F.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check with Home Depot or Comfort House (1-800-359-7701) or Google "where to buy a power supply cord and dial for Perfect Fit electric blanket?"

Read More Answers...

I need to replace the controller. Model BA0350
        Type 880
        230-240V - 60Hz 80W Max

By Hazel B

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I take the blanket into the local thrift shop and find the matching cords. Never had one that this didn't work with.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement controls for my Sunbeam Premium heated comforter, CSU9MFQ-R000-14A44? I have a new comforter without the cord and controller.

By LJ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You may be able to buy a replacement from their web site.

Control and cord ends.Does anyone know where I can find a Sunbeam warming throw replacement cord? The model is #RN17280. Going through Sunbeam is a nightmare, suffice it to say! They want almost as much for the cord as I pair for the whole unit. Please help!

By Nana

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I need one also my recliner mechanism ate my cord.

I have an electric warming throw. I need the plug and cord, F9405.

By Brenda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Take the blanket to your local thrift store and find one that works. If you tell them what you are doing, it's fine to bring in something. Good luck!

On the control it says Sleep-Rite. There is a hole in the cord right next where you plug it into the blanket and I don't want to use it. The blanket has three places to plug in. Two holes are close together and the other is off to itself a little bit.

By Marcia

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try the Sleep-Rite site: http://www.sleep-rite.com

Does anybody have the recipe for pumpkin bread from the 80s? I remember it had a can of pumpkin and Quaker oats.

By Susan F. from Fayetteville, NC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Easy search online:

https://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=%20143381

I am trying to locate a replacement control for the 950 West Point electric blanket.

By Dolores R

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

An easy online search reveals that West Point no longer makes electric blankets and also notes that the controllers have been a problem for many customers. Try this site for more information:

www.electricblanketinstitute.com/martex-raschel-blanket

I need a replacement cord for a Sunbeam electric blanket P.N. 56605-004. This blanket belonged to my sister who died a few years ago, is in very good condition and I'd like to get a replacement in order to use. Thanks for any help.

By Laverne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can check online for the Sunbeam site/customer service and ask if the part is still available for you to purchase.

The number on the booklet with the warming blanket is:
        P.N. 157903-000-000 We got the blanket last Christmas as a gift and cannot find the cord!

By June G.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The Sunbeam company has a website with customer service email and phone # for assistance.

One of the controls for a Living Quarters electric blanket quit so we are looking for a control. It's in a black box with red and blue control buttons with on/off in middle. The plug that connects to the blanket is a large 4 conductor. It is a digital display.

By Leon K

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This may be difficult to find. I see blanket controls at Thrift stores sometimes and some controls will fit different makers but only you could tell if this were the case. eBay also has controls listed. Have you tried the Living Quarters web site?

My dog chewed up the control for my Westpoint home electric blanket. I need a new 900 control; where can I get one? It is a dual control with 2 plug ins at the end of the blanket.

By liltami

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have you tried Ebay yet? You could also get in touch with the manufacturer of the blanket, and get a brand new one from them also.

We have a Sunbeam Holmes electric blanket that needs a new electrical cord. Does anyone know how I can find one? The blanket is only 1 year old, and I don't want to have to buy a new one.

I am going to list several numbers that are on the blanket, because I am not sure which number is needed. Thank you so much.
        RN 17260
        P.N. 116776-016
        This is information at the bottom of tag: E137LT0288411510C74G13

By D. B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Below is a link for Sunbeam service and support website.

Good luck, hope this helps.

http://www.sunbeam.com/service-%26-support/service-and-support.html

Three prong electric blanket connector.I am looking for a 3 pronged cord with controller for an electric blanket (full size, 170 watts).

By Donna

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When my controllers stop working, I have had luck finding a replacement at Salvation Army Store or the like. I take the blanket itself or the controller so I can get the exact same replacement and try it out and make sure it works. They usually only cost a couple dollars.

Read More Answers...
        Load More
        Consumer Advice Product FinderJune 5, 2013
        A bed in a bedroom.
        Electric Blanket Error Codes
        An electrical cord plugged into an outlet.
        Finding Replacement Cords for Electronics
        a nicely made bed
        Replacement Controls for a Sealy Electric Blanket
        small bedroom
        Finding Replacement Controls for a Heated Mattress Pad
        © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 4, 2016 at 10:05:07 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 351 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.