Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket

Maybe the dog didn't eat your homework, but perhaps he did take out the cord to your electric blanket. Finding a replacement cord or a control for an electric blanket can be difficult. This is a guide about finding replacement cords and controls for an electric blanket.

Electric Blanket Control

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

It is not unusual for the controller for an electric blanket to get lost or quit working. Trying to find a new one can be frustrating, since typically you can not buy one from the store or site where you purchased the blanket. This is a guide about replacement controller for a Dreamland electric blanket.

A cord plugged into an electrical outlet.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about replacement cord for Cannon electric blanket. Whether the dog ate it or it was lost in a move, the cord for your electric blanket sometimes needs to be replaced.

Electric Blanket Controls

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about replacement controls for a Sunbeam electric blanket. Without the controls for your electric blanket it is just another blanket.

a nicely made bed

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about replacement controls for a Sealy electric blanket. Finding replacement parts for small appliances can be very difficult; electric blankets are no exception.

I need a replacement controller for Serra foot warmer, model JC-PFI-NJD-01,120v 60hz 50w.

eBay would be a good place to start.

Where do I go to get a replacement power cord for an electric blanket?

Sadly, thrift stores separate them to make more money. I say shame on them but whatever.

That said, you can take your blanket with you and test the cords they have to see if they fit and then plug them in to see if they work. I have done this several times and had success each time.

Hope that helps.

PBP

I have a Therapedic heated throw and the controller does not work. Do you know how I can get a replacement controller. The throw is from Bed Bath and Beyond.

Custserv@perfectfitindustries.com

1-800-299-1378 Mon-Fri 8-5pm

I've had the heating blanket since 2012 and have rarely used it, but now in January of 2016 it has been blizzarding cold and I decided to use the 3 tier heating control blanket. All of a sudden one of the cords has not shown red for power on. I tried putting in a new fuse, but nothing. I feel it has to do with the cord. I've tried to find the replacement, but am unable to find it. The model is ACHNWSK input 220-240V-50HZ 70W. Serial no. S0068218.

Can you help? Much appreciated.

I've found electric blankets and controllers are not well documented. While all blankets work on the same principles, that is where the similarities end. Some are dual blankets (his'n hers), some sense room temperature, some controllers contain timers, etc. If you know the model number of your blanket, go on eBay and type that in for a search. Most (used) sell for $10 to $20 inc freight. But, you might also consider the value of your time. You can spend a morning on this and perhaps still not be sure of a match. Alt: list your controller on eBay and buy a new blanket.

I have an old electric blanket whose cord my dog chewed (of course). I don't know the brand, but I have included a photo of the 2 pronged female plug whose cord I need. Please take a look. I would apprecaite any help available. Thanks.

Do what I have done many times. Take the blanket to your local thrift store and try out the cords. You are sure to find one soon. Good luck!

I have an electric warming throw. I need the plug and cord, F9405.

By Brenda

Take the blanket to your local thrift store and find one that works. If you tell them what you are doing, it's fine to bring in something. Good luck!

We have a king size heated blanket and one control just quit. The control says it fits either a twin blanket or 1/2 of this king.

By Fisher

You do not provide the blanket maker, however, just search online for the manufacturer and contact for a replacement.

I need to replace the controller. Model BA0350
Type 880
230-240V - 60Hz 80W Max

By Hazel B

I take the blanket into the local thrift shop and find the matching cords. Never had one that this didn't work with.

On the control it says Sleep-Rite. There is a hole in the cord right next where you plug it into the blanket and I don't want to use it. The blanket has three places to plug in. Two holes are close together and the other is off to itself a little bit.

By Marcia

Try the Sleep-Rite site: http://www.sleep-rite.com

I am trying to locate a replacement control for the 950 West Point electric blanket.

By Dolores R

An easy online search reveals that West Point no longer makes electric blankets and also notes that the controllers have been a problem for many customers. Try this site for more information:

www.electricblanketinstitute.com/martex-raschel-blanket

I am looking for a 3 pronged cord with controller for an electric blanket (full size, 170 watts).

By Donna

When my controllers stop working, I have had luck finding a replacement at Salvation Army Store or the like. I take the blanket itself or the controller so I can get the exact same replacement and try it out and make sure it works. They usually only cost a couple dollars.

One of the controls for a Living Quarters electric blanket quit so we are looking for a control. It's in a black box with red and blue control buttons with on/off in middle. The plug that connects to the blanket is a large 4 conductor. It is a digital display.

By Leon K

This may be difficult to find. I see blanket controls at Thrift stores sometimes and some controls will fit different makers but only you could tell if this were the case. eBay also has controls listed. Have you tried the Living Quarters web site?

My dog chewed up the control for my Westpoint home electric blanket. I need a new 900 control; where can I get one? It is a dual control with 2 plug ins at the end of the blanket.

By liltami

Have you tried Ebay yet? You could also get in touch with the manufacturer of the blanket, and get a brand new one from them also.

I need controls for a Sleep Philosophy electric plush heated ivory king blanket. Any ideas on where to find one?

By Debbie S. from Fairmont, WV

When I need new controls, I draw a picture of the plug in or take a picture of it on my cell phone and go to the thrift stores or goodwill stores. They have some and I match the picture with the plug in and I have a new control. Good Luck.

I bought an electric blanket at Carson's last winter, no name on tag on blanket, but the controller that went bad says Living Quarters on it. I am looking for new controller, any ideas where I can get one? Or does anyone have address or phone number of the company? It has 4 prongs. Thanks!

By Mary

Do a search online putting in "livingquarters electric blanket" the results will give you the names of stores that sell that brand, They are relatively high end blankets. You can go to the store and look up the info on their packaging.

Where can I find a replacement JC Penney's electric blanket wide 2- prong power cord?

By Carrie from Gary, IN

How do I find replacement controllers for WestPoint home heated blankets?

By Bart B

Where do I find a control for a queen size electric blanket? I need one for the right side. On the back of the control is - WestPoint, Inc. Elkin, N.C. 28681.

By D

I have a twin size Chatham heated mattress pad and I need a replacement power cord. It is a 2 pronged cord.

By Lisa D.

The label says automatic electric blanket, queen size, style 13 - 180 watts 110-120 volts A.C. only. And the numbers on the end of the label read 70912 02. It has one 3 prong plug-in and 2 controls.

By Debbie

I am looking to replace the controllers for my Beautyrest king size dual control electric blanket. Puppy ate the wires up beyond repair.

By Dennis R.

Load More