Finding Someone to Remove Trees

I have aprox. 1 1/2 acres of pine trees. I would like someone to cut them down and take them away for free. How do I find such a person or company? I live around Edenton, North Carolina.

You can find someone who wants the wood and you give them the wood in exchange for their labor to take it away. Put an ad in Freecycle or Craigslist.

Like Judy said. I do this year around, as we have lots of land with timber, and since we seem to be having tornadoes to take some trees out about every 3 years now, I advertise on the local facebook swap shops, and on the bulletin board at the feed stores. So far, we have had 6 different men come and cut wood. I ask for 1/4 of what they cut, since we burn wood. They get the rest. Almost every Saturday I can hear someone in the back or in the hedge row cutting. It has worked very well for us, and since we are in a small farming community, we more or less know everyone, so we are feeling safe with this arrangement.

Where I live, Southern California - it is rare for someone to cut down trees and haul for free.

But you could call your local tree trimming services and see if they would like to help you out. And you could also post on Craigslist or Facebook.

Good luck!