Finding Your House in the Dark

Category Helpful Hints
House in the Dark
If there are no street lights in your neighborhood, it can be a challenge to find your home at night. There are ways to make it stand out. This is a guide about finding your house in the dark.

There are no street lights where I live and at night unless I leave the night light on, I can and have driven right past my house. I bought two reflectors at Home Depot and stuck them to my mailbox. I can now see my mailbox half way down the street when my headlights hit it. It is so much easier to find my driveway!

I Photoshopped my real address off the mailbox and made up one for an example.

By CaroleeRose from Madison, AL

To make it easier to get around in the dark, I took some glow-in-the-dark paint (or you could use glow-in-the-dark decals) and put some around each door handle in the house. I also put just a couple of glow-in-the-dark decals on my sliding glass doors.

I also put one on the tank of each toilet, positioning it so it can be seen even if the lid is left up. And one close to the sinks in the bathrooms. And finally one on the fridge, close to the handle.

This way I don't have to turn the lights on for simple things I may want to do at night.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC