Ice Maker Arm is Stuck

Automatic ice makers in your freezer are a great convenience. However, if they get stuck releasing ice cubes it can be difficult to fix. This is a guide about fixing am ice maker arm that is stuck.

The on/off arm won't move all the way down into the on position. This happened suddenly. The last time we had trouble with the ice maker, the problem was simple; the water filter just needed changing. We changed the filter again, but the arm is still stuck. I'm afraid of forcing it. Has anyone else had this problem?

By Miriam C.

The ice maker on my Kenmore refrigerator jams, and now the arm won't work to dispense ice.

By Dorothea

The feel arm of my ice maker is stuck "up" so no ice. Is there an easy solution?

A Sulock from Phila, PA

Answers:

Ice Maker Arm is Stuck

Try defrosting the ice maker arm. Some times it will get frozen inside. A hair dryer should work. (06/19/2008)

By sanmar

Ice Maker Arm is Stuck

I had this happen to me just a few days ago. I decided to try turning the freezer temperature down a little to see if that would make any difference. I was so relieved when it did start making ice again. And such a simple solution,
at least it worked for me. (06/23/2008)

By carnation037