Ice Maker Arm is Stuck

Ice Maker Arm
Automatic ice makers in your freezer are a great convenience. However, if they get stuck releasing ice cubes it can be difficult to fix. This is a page about fixing am ice maker arm that is stuck.

Why does my arm stay up in the off position after every ice dump, even when ice bucket is empty? I have to go in and manually put arm down every time it dumps. What is causing this arm to stay up and not come down?

Answers

There is usually a problem with the mechanism inside the housing, and the ice maker will have to be replaced.

This ice maker is brand new, out it in about a month ago, still did not make ice, actually the issue was the water intake valve, replaced it, started running fine, but now everytime the ice maker dumps ice, the are goes up, the ice falls into bucket, and the arm stays up and wont come down on it's own. I will check on it periodically finding the arm still up from last dump and put it down. It will fill with water, go through cycle perfect, then when it dumps into empty bucket, the arm will stay up till I discover it and put it down again... this keeps happening. What can I do, like I said its is practically brand new, it has only turned about 5 or 6 dumps of ice.

The on/off arm won't move all the way down into the on position. This happened suddenly. The last time we had trouble with the ice maker, the problem was simple; the water filter just needed changing. We changed the filter again, but the arm is still stuck. I'm afraid of forcing it. Has anyone else had this problem?

By Miriam C.

The ice maker on my Kenmore refrigerator jams, and now the arm won't work to dispense ice.

By Dorothea

The feel arm of my ice maker is stuck "up" so no ice. Is there an easy solution?

A Sulock from Phila, PA

Answers:

Ice Maker Arm is Stuck

Try defrosting the ice maker arm. Some times it will get frozen inside. A hair dryer should work. (06/19/2008)

By Sandy

Ice Maker Arm is Stuck

I had this happen to me just a few days ago. I decided to try turning the freezer temperature down a little to see if that would make any difference. I was so relieved when it did start making ice again. And such a simple solution,

at least it worked for me. (06/23/2008)

By Linda

Home and Garden Home Improvement Maintenance and RepairOctober 25, 2013
🎃
🎂
🌻