Using an Electric Ice Cream Maker

Make delicious ice cream with an easy to use electric ice cream maker. That way you can enjoy this frozen treat faster than with a hand crank ice cream maker. This is a guide about using an electric ice cream maker.

How long does it take to make ice cream in an electric ice cream maker?

Wendy-Lou from Williams Lake, British Columbia

Answers

Best Answer

It depends on the machine. Our takes approximately 30 minutes to turn the custard into ice cream.

Best Answer

It also depends on the temperature your liquid starts at, and how much ice and salt you use. The quicker you freeze it the grainier it will be, whereas a little longer will result in a creamier texture. But it shouldn't take any longer than 45 minutes max. I'd also say around 30 minutes is good.

Best Answer

My electric ice cream maker has an inner chamber that you put in the freezer when not in use. I make ice cream often and starting with cold ingredients I usually only have to have my machine running for 20 minutes. It is than thick and I put it into a plastic container with a lid and put it in my deep freeze for a couple of hours.

I also have an old type hand crank one that uses ice and salt. It is fun but very tiring and takes a very long time to get the ice cream hard enough to eat. Good luck and good eating.

Best Answer

It almost always takes our ice cream maker 30 minutes before it is ready.