Frozen Corn for 60 People

When cooking for a large crowd, calculating the amount of food you need to buy and/or prepare is very important. This is a page about buying enough frozen corn for 60 people.

How much frozen corn do I need to feed 60 people?

Answers

Best Answer

My information book - Cooking For Crowds For Dummies shows 3 to 4 ounces of Asparagus, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, corn, kernels, peas, black-eyed peas, and so on

It looks like you would need at least 15 pounds or maybe a little more just to be on the safe side and be sure to have a sufficient amount for your guests.

You need 3-4 ounces per person, or 1 ear.

4oz per person, so that would be 15lbs. As usual I advise a little more to cope with spills or big appetites. A generous estimate would be 3 extra lbs. You must be having quite a party; can I come too? LOL

A single serving of corn is estimated at 2.5 ozs. And is sold in one pound bags in the supermarket. That is a good serving spoon size. It all depends on what you are serving along with this. If serving a salad or another fresh or frozen vegetable then this size serving would be sufficient.

You will get 2.5 servings out of each pound and you will only need 8 pounds of frozen corn. You have to realize what you get portion wise when you eat in a restaurant. You never get homestyle portions. And same goes for entertaining large groups or crowds of people. I hope I was helpful. Good luck on your gathering. I hope we hear from you about your gathering.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceJanuary 5, 2018
📓
🌻
🐛